2021-06-07 [DMFA #2043]

Started by killpurakat, June 08, 2021, 10:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

Poor DP. That bar isn't just on the ground, it's buried about a meter down.

Also, I love how DP doesn't get that saying you don't know and are willing to find out can sometimes be super comforting to a person questioning everything. And that you were wrong about a situation and will do better in the future. Like, it doesn't occur to him to bullcrap advice or platitudes. For all his faults, he's refreshingly straight forward.

(Reminds me of when I taught and students would ask questions and, most of the time, I'd be like, "no clue, let me look it up!" and try to get an answer back to them quickly, as well as where I got the answer from. They always seemed to like that better than the excuses and half-answers some TAs would give because the TA didn't want to admit they didn't know. I would 100% rather admit I'm clueless too.)

killpurakat

Oops! It didn't take my title! I typed "That bar is too low for limbo". :( Sorry, mods! (My laptop is behaving oddly.)

Hariman

Quote from: killpurakat on June 08, 2021, 10:08:18 PM
Poor DP. That bar isn't just on the ground, it's buried about a meter down.

Also, I love how DP doesn't get that saying you don't know and are willing to find out can sometimes be super comforting to a person questioning everything. And that you were wrong about a situation and will do better in the future. Like, it doesn't occur to him to bullcrap advice or platitudes. For all his faults, he's refreshingly straight forward.

(Reminds me of when I taught and students would ask questions and, most of the time, I'd be like, "no clue, let me look it up!" and try to get an answer back to them quickly, as well as where I got the answer from. They always seemed to like that better than the excuses and half-answers some TAs would give because the TA didn't want to admit they didn't know. I would 100% rather admit I'm clueless too.)

Having lived with a narcissist parent, and having friends who also dealt with narcissistic parents...

You're being too nice.

That bar is confusing geologists because it's floating in magma.

And yeah. Having someone willing to be honest and straightforward with you is incredibly comforting to the children of narcissists, and other abuse victims.

Dark Pegasus/Aliph is, thankfully, actually handling this quite well. He's being honest. He's willing to admit mistakes and apologize. And he's willing to admit that he doesn't know.

I want to give both Dark Pegasus/Aliph and Regina a hug, for having to deal with Malle.

Okay, I would hug Regina, and I would state to DP/Aliph that I want to hug him, but respect the fact that he hates physical contact.

But... yes. That bar IS too low for limbo.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Nightmask

He's learning the nature of emotions, with the illogic that you can make someone feel better by not knowing all the answers, because it lets them know that they don't have to have all the answers either and aren't alone.