World of Warcraft meets South Park!

Started by Paladin Sheppard, October 02, 2006, 01:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin Sheppard

http://media.southparkstudios.com/downloads/download.php?file=/media/SPinWoW.avi

Go and laugh your arse off...

If the sneek peak is anything to go by I'll be doing my damnest to watch this one...

Manawolf

Wow.  I really hope my film class gets out early on Wednesday.

Paladin Sheppard

Oooh the pun the pun! Mana you didn't even try did you? :3

Manawolf

What?  I do know that I make puns without even realizing it, but I can't see it this time.

Paladin Sheppard

Quote from: Manawolf on October 02, 2006, 01:23:43 AM
Wow.  I really hope my film class gets out early on Wednesday.

Hehe most players abbreviate World of Warcraft to WoW.

Manawolf

Oh yeah.  See, this is what happens when you become a fan of comedy like myself.

Paladin Sheppard

THat was even better than I thought it could be! Thanks Gornemant!

Supercheese

It was decent - since I don't watch South Park I didn't really know what to expect. Nice lip synching and stuff. Obviously parts weren't rendered using the default engine acessible by game.

Frankly, though, I didn't laugh much. I've seen other fan-made movies that were better IMO.

Manawolf

The animators went with what they were used to.  It's not like they're WoW fanatics who know the game inside and out and thus trying to figure out how to use the system to do more of the scenes would have been too time consuming.  Plus, it's satisfying with the way they down teh Haxxor.

Supercheese

!*Head Squish*!

Uhh, yeah, the in-game engine definitely does *not* support that.  :U

Manawolf

Certainly was satisfying, though.

"You're about to get pwned!"

Supercheese

They say "pone" though. I'm partial to simply pronouncing it "own". This is most likely due to Pure Pwnage. (Their "World of Warcraft is a Feeling" song is positively brilliant, IMO.)

Aridas

I say they had to have gotten some help from Blizzard for this.

Jim Halisstrad

The similarities between this episode and some of my friends MMORPG habits is frightening.
I think I'm going to start getting them out of the house more, whether they want to or not :P

Manawolf

kittyblackrabbit

Oh god loved the episode IMHO, It's just accurate enough for people who actually play the game to recognize it. lol

"Kyle cat pyroblast...."
"Casting... has an 8 second cast time..."
"I thought you specced to reduce that..."
"I'm a Arcane/Fire Mage"
"Christ..."
"Kenny put up True shot aura...when you do that i will use intimidating shout."

God it sounded like they were doing a 40 man uber raid on naxx... not trying to kill some pvp crazy gankfest. LOL So much hilarity int he episode for me....

The Sword of A Thousand Truths.... I want that for both my 60 Warlock and my lvl 40 Priest. LOL

hehe a mage summoning scorpions while wearing a plate helmet..... LOL

Zedd