2021-05-31 [DMFA #2042] - Getting to the heart of the matter

Started by FFKonoko, May 31, 2021, 04:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFKonoko

I'm just so very excited to talk about Dark Pegasus sitting down.
The resonant emotional beat as she spews out her heart, insecurities and pain is excellent.

But look at him just sitting, offering organ sale, then continuing to listen after prompting her to vent more.
Why is the evil dark lord just so adorable and wholesome and just...the best dad?

(Hope I did this right, and no-one else beat me to it while I was filling out the questions)

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: FFKonoko on May 31, 2021, 04:56:35 AM
Why is the evil dark lord just so adorable and wholesome and just...the best dad?

He's the dad that Regina desperately needed all her life. The moment she resurrected him and ran off with him, her life immediately got better.

Glenn Griffon

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on May 31, 2021, 06:13:59 PM
Quote from: FFKonoko on May 31, 2021, 04:56:35 AM

He's the dad that Regina desperately needed all her life. The moment she resurrected him and ran off with him, her life immediately got better.
I think it was Kria who did the actual resurrection, I think Regina just woke him up from his "returning from the dead" nap.
But aye, DP is being a good mentor and Guardian to her. Even if he doesn't really know how to express or deal with physical affections or the warm fuzzy emotions he still seems to understand how to help someone grow into being a functioning adult.

It's kind of ironic that he's one of the big bads and yet he's not so wrapped up in himself and his own ego that everything has to be about him. If Malle was watching this breakdown I would expect him to be telling her she's worthless and an embarrassment and to stop crying and quit making the situation about her and think about how her screw ups have affected the Darkblood family name and cost him reputation points.

I assume that is how he would respond given what we've seen of him. Anyone who walks around with a big sign of his name has to have some selfish, narcissistic traits.
Also rather funny that Dark Pegasus just casually tosses out that organ value line. I'd wonder if that was a poor attempt at humor or if he's serious, but then I remembered, he's always serious.

Starcat5

That still means that she "finished" said spell, and my have influenced it in some way. It has been noted that DP has been less himself every time Kria brought him back. Conversely, ever since his most recent revival, he has been acting more in line with descriptions of his old self, give or take his newly grown parenting instinct. Just something worth thinking about.  :januscat
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Teraunce

nope you may not be in your element but you're trying and Regina you may be getting an F as a demon...but that's not necessarily a bad thing and if you ever admitted to Dan that you hated yourself for killing Wildy and Biggs's mom there's probably a decent shot at forgiveness. Screw me for being a sucker for happy endings but I really do hope the whole main cast is alive at the end. Even Dark Pegasus and Regina. You've successfully managed to turn them into very sympathetic anti-villians who I can see a clear path to redemption for.

Also stupid Questions followed me here. but Autofill works as well. Does the stupid verification before making every post/reply ever disappear?
Searching my Username will only ever find me...but be careful what you find as not all of it is SFW.

Kuzma Volkov

This recent yargle flargle had me wondering.. I wonder how effective the stress ball market is or is it replaced with damage stuff rooms and yarn ball pits?

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Kuzma Volkov on June 01, 2021, 02:14:07 AM
This recent yargle flargle had me wondering.. I wonder how effective the stress ball market is or is it replaced with damage stuff rooms and yarn ball pits?

I mean, there are tantrum rooms like we saw at Piflak's party, but- and I'm not sure how canon this can be considered, since it comes from Tapewolf and Aisha- some have been able to make do with stress poppets. Feeling angry, just rip the head off.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on June 01, 2021, 02:27:10 AM
I mean, there are tantrum rooms like we saw at Piflak's party, but- and I'm not sure how canon this can be considered, since it comes from Tapewolf and Aisha- some have been able to make do with stress poppets. Feeling angry, just rip the head off.

I also figure that if you're really, really mad you could use a glass ball as a stress ball.  We see Kamdan cracking one of those too.  But like you say, it's not canon with DMFA, just a solution I saw.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Nightmask

Looks like she needs an entry under 'Well Done Son Guy' at TVTropes, does her best to try and get the slightest shred of approval from a parent that in the end will never really give her any kind of approval (if he did it would be the 'your approval fills me with shame' trope).

That also left me thinking of a very dark super-hero comic where there's horrible exploitation of supers and one female hero whose power was regeneration who turned herself into a living organ supplier because she had mental issues she never got the therapy for.  She can't be sedated so suffers from having all her organs harvested constantly to meet the demand for organs.  The only thing her 'friend' does for her is get a super-villain to permanently improve her powers so she 'only' spends a month every year being chopped up, which naturally harms things in general because conventional organ replacement research stops and a lot of medical development doesn't happen.

InhumanInterest

Ok, I just realized that is the perfect explanation for Deathbringer. Just claim they're part of an attempt to make a living and indestructible stress ball.

Though I imagine they probably still have normal stress balls, just with the materials upgraded based on strength.

I imagine the dragon one is probably carbon nano-weave with titanium grains.

Hariman

Dark Pegasus might have one of the more awkward answers to give for how Regina is feeling, but what's more important is that he's LISTENING.

Narcs (narcissists) DON'T LISTEN. A narcissist's world revolves around them, and everyone around them is either a supportive sycophant, a tool to get something, a nonentity to be ignored, or something that disagrees with their reality that must be punished/fixed.

Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!