2021/04/09 [Xer 01-01] I'm not seeing the downside!

Started by techmaster-glitch, April 16, 2021, 06:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Okay, I noticed no topic has gone up for this yet, so, wanted to drop one in myself for this new comic that has started up. I actually didn't realize it when the original splash page went up a few months ago, but since then, I have recently learned about and gotten into synths and protogens, so now I'm really excited to see this! A comic about synths is gonna be really cool!

As for the joys and "woes" of having a modular body, what woes? The whole point is if you DO have a problematic module, like back-frills, you can just take them off, exactly as this synth did! :P No woe there, working as intended!

Although I do have to wonder how back-wings are less of a problem than the fins...  :P :P

Xerian himself also has a really neat color-scheme/pattern-design to him, the mostly red and mostly black, but with those little highlights of white and yellow...pretty cool!

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 16, 2021, 06:59:16 PM
Okay, I noticed no topic has gone up for this yet, so, wanted to drop one in myself for this new comic that has started up. I actually didn't realize it when the original splash page went up a few months ago, but since then, I have recently learned about and gotten into synths and protogens, so now I'm really excited to see this! A comic about synths is gonna be really cool!

Thanks!  This storyline was originally written for a series of songs so in some ways it starts out a little formulaic and you will certainly see a few recurring themes from PF... however it quickly went off in directions I hadn't expected and the songs are now having to catch up with the massive diversion that turned this into an 18-chapter epic.

Although I do have to wonder how back-wings are less of a problem than the fins...  :P :P

Dragons and other winged organics do seem to be canon in the Outer Rim universe, although it's implied that they're the result of human genetic engineering rather than naturally evolved or magical.  As such I'd expect there to be more provision for them than in our world, or a world where winged folk aren't always welcome.

Xerian himself also has a really neat color-scheme/pattern-design to him, the mostly red and mostly black, but with those little highlights of white and yellow...pretty cool!
Thanks!  Everything yellow is a light source - the eyes on his display of course, but the rest are status lights.  If they go out, he's in trouble.

Fun fact - Xerian's colour scheme was actually stolen from Dorcan's bike.  Originally I was going to use a white/blue/orange GSXR colour scheme but I couldn't really make it work.

This may be of interest too:  https://www.furaffinity.net/view/40574833/

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E