Epsilon

Started by AmigaDragon, March 06, 2021, 01:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

While Finch and Prof. were after Sydney, thinking he was one of Daryl's, was she somehow unaware that Richard is a Daryl? Is he just not suitable for leverage because he's not a direct son (grandson instead)? Do we know yet who his father is? How about Daryl's youngest (the real target), have we even seen him yet (even if we don't know who he (or she) is yet)?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

WhyNot?

Well with Richard being Finch's son it sort of removes the implicit threat of what they can do to him if Daryil refuses to listen to them. Not to mention his father having chosen them over the Daryil clan and Richard having been raised in it kind of makes them traitors which, if you don't really have a view of how Dar feels about such things, puts a dampener on their use against him in general. I don't think it's really been hinted who his dad is in the comic adaptation yet.

We have seen Dar's youngest (that he's aware of) in a panel during a conversation between Dar and Jakob: He had twin girls who got their second wings in early and thus haven't been at the school which was just hosting new arrivals for a bit. They think he's had a singular son though for.....

[spoiler]I honestly don't think the reason they thought that comes up in the story now that I actively think about it.[/spoiler]

InhumanInterest

I think there's also a tactical consideration involved, once you make threats against a captive it can kind of push things in a direction you might not want, either by revealing information or by prompting a direct confrontation sooner than desired.