2020/08/06 [RE 68.02] - Have you seen Torwin?

Started by Tapewolf, August 06, 2020, 09:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Oh, this ought to be good.  I can't imagine what Mana thought about that first question.

(In Ultima 8, you have to find a character called Torwin.  After he dies in a cutscene, it is still possible to ask the other characters if they've seen him.  They react a lot less positively the second time around.)

I do wonder what they think Mana can do about it, though - someone who is powerful enough to commit deicide is going to be very difficult to reason with or restrain at all if they suddenly go off the rails.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

Not quite sure I follow the deicide comment.

But anyway... Thank you for breaking my posting streak at last.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on August 06, 2020, 10:13:33 AM

Saturn regularly kills a god every thousand years or so.  They got Loki resurrected by threatening to do the same to Jake...

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 06, 2020, 10:21:15 AM
Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on August 06, 2020, 10:13:33 AM

Saturn regularly kills a god every thousand years or so.  They got Loki resurrected by threatening to do the same to Jake...

Ah. I wasn't aware the Living Shadow qualified as a god. Thanks for the clarification.

ProfesseurRenard

Ultima 8... is that the one in which you dicked around with the code for a man's beheading in one of your old YouTube vids?

InhumanInterest

Well, I think it's more that they think Mana is in charge of whatever Saturn did. Given Mana's own odd status regarding death it's not actually an odd assumption, though I don't think they know about it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on August 06, 2020, 12:09:45 PM
Ultima 8... is that the one in which you dicked around with the code for a man's beheading in one of your old YouTube vids?

I did set up an obstacle course for the executioner, yes.  Patches of lava worked the best.