2020/01/31 [PF 613] One note Clan leader

Started by MT Hazard, January 31, 2020, 06:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

See that's what bugs me about Daryil, with character design sex and sexuality should only form part of a characters personality, not the bulk of it. In his case 90% of his dialogue seems to consist of "Have I mentioned I'm gay today?", the rest being acting immature and occasional lucid moments. Perhaps its just me, but when I write a character things like sex, gender and sexuality are the last items on the list. Perhaps I just don't like him.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

ZacAttac21

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 31, 2020, 06:28:22 AM
See that's what bugs me about Daryil, with character design sex and sexuality should only form part of a characters personality, not the bulk of it. In his case 90% of his dialogue seems to consist of "Have I mentioned I'm gay today?", the rest being acting immature and occasional lucid moments. Perhaps its just me, but when I write a character things like sex, gender and sexuality are the last items on the list. Perhaps I just don't like him.

If it were every one of Tapewolf's characters, it might be an issue. But since it's just Daryil, I've always just accepted it as one of his quirks, personally.

Aurum Lupus

Quote from: Jonah21 on January 31, 2020, 05:52:45 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 31, 2020, 06:28:22 AM

If it were every one of Tapewolf's characters, it might be an issue. But since it's just Daryil, I've always just accepted it as one of his quirks, personally.

Me too. What makes Daryil well... Daryil? Well, he's the comic relief! There's a lot of times when the story gets a little too serious, and then Daryil jumps in with his hammer to break the metaphorical ice that is in some of the serious and high tension moments. He's also the deuteragonist in most of these comics, or at least a good half of them, he may not be the best mentor to the protagonists, but he's a pretty good one at that, and some of the protagonists share some of his traits and they have a pretty good connection with each other (like come on, he's clan leader and they have a telepathic connection). And he's the tertiary character in some of these comics, like sometimes he's there just to be there.
Sincerely Aurum Lupus