2019/10/31 [PF 600] Coffin Stakes

Started by InhumanInterest, October 31, 2019, 08:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InhumanInterest

(Cause it's a pun! Get it!?)

So many interesting elements to mention here.

Love the package having:

• A warning label bigger than anything else on the package
  • A warning wholly unrelated to the actual problems of smoking
  • The little picture for the warning
  • A little parody brand label at the bottom (I like the little touches)

Not the package but some part finds it so nifty when peeps use magic for casual tasks like lighting stuff.

Though more plot relevant I feel like that death penalty is a very serious possibility here. If I was someone with vested political power dependent on the current state of affairs between creatures and beings (spoken a council member) I'd be jumping over myself for the opportunity to make a show of holding "The Infamous Cross" responsible for his crimes. Enough so that I'm even wondering if the results of the inspection could end up being smudged in one direction.

Also not plot but curiosity, I wonder about the air policy, as far as I can guess it would just be for technical reasons. I'd have to imagine they could field an air purifier to put the ISS to shame and so many inhabitants just, don't breathe.

Not curiosity but amusement, basic phone recordings make for complex and boring monitoring to begin with as you need a human to at some point review the recordings for relevant information (This makes flooding them with false data like random calls to pizza places a viable counter surveillance tactic). That's tedious enough but can you imagine the review process you need for a thought recording?

"She's thinking of lunch, how grey that wall looks, what sort of security systems they have, aaaaand now we have a twenty minute straight segment of her thinking about his butt."

Tapewolf

Jakob was already tried for the Cross affair, it was in the original 'Chronicles' series, but wasn't deemed good enough to present as a comic.  It will be recapped briefly in Epsilon at some point.
They were most worried about him eating Daryil's soul, but the case largely collapsed when he got Daryil to testify that he hadn't actually been murdered.  In the end they were only able to get the lesser charge of abandoning his realm, violating his duty of care.

The no-smoking thing would affect manufacturing facilities, but there is a tendency to ban it in public places, offices and suchlike - it could be assumed that it's the law in Thorsden, and they've implemented the same rule even in the Arctic base, since there's a portal connecting it to the company HQ in Thorsden.

EDIT: And yeah, the government warnings are now bigger than the brand logo, last I saw...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

InhumanInterest

That's fair and makes pretty good sense on both accounts. Though now I'm wondering, speaking of smoking. The first test android, the one where the original brain was maintained, how would that manage addictions? They can't really breath and I doubt there'd be a nicotine intake system, would they just be thrust into going cold turkey from it?

Merlin

I vaguely based the ciggie packet off the ones they have here, but afaik the ones here have much bigger warnings, over all sides of the packet P:

Tapewolf

Quote from: InhumanInterest on October 31, 2019, 08:32:09 PM
That's fair and makes pretty good sense on both accounts. Though now I'm wondering, speaking of smoking. The first test android, the one where the original brain was maintained, how would that manage addictions? They can't really breath and I doubt there'd be a nicotine intake system, would they just be thrust into going cold turkey from it?
Well, the original cyborg system used cannisters of nutrient and a blood analyser to make sure that everything was in balance.  You could put additives in it and gradually wean them off the substance that way.

Quote from: Merlin on November 01, 2019, 05:08:41 AM
I vaguely based the ciggie packet off the ones they have here, but afaik the ones here have much bigger warnings, over all sides of the packet P:
Yeah, they have been taking up more and more of the packet, and here there was a move to make the package design boring and unattractive as well.  But since I've never smoked and vaping has cut down the number of discarded packets, I'm a bit out of the loop.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

Lying Foo

In Furrae, this may well be true.  (Of course, they don't show the stats for non-smokers...)
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

InhumanInterest

Really with all the magic and creatures the statistics probably get skewed in fun ways.

Did you know the average cashier has been decapitated 12 times*?

*Average skewed by Barry, the undead working outside Cattlebary a primarily demon city whose customers have decapitated Barry 297 times**
**Sometimes over anger at the service and sometimes just to relieve boredom

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: InhumanInterest on November 05, 2019, 07:02:02 PM
Really with all the magic and creatures the statistics probably get skewed in fun ways.

Did you know the average cashier has been decapitated 12 times*?

*Average skewed by Barry, the undead working outside Cattlebary a primarily demon city whose customers have decapitated Barry 297 times**
**Sometimes over anger at the service and sometimes just to relieve boredom

Poor Barry.