2019-10-25 [DMFA #1950] - Catching up on the last 7000 years

Started by Tapewolf, October 25, 2019, 05:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

If they were particularly malicious they could ensure the petition one gets enough signatures.  Then, they either end up with a new clan leader, or the annoying one is shut up for good.
Though I suppose that could theoretically leave them with an annoying clan leader.

Personally I hope they don't make the total, they do look kind of cute.

EDIT: Also, if the arm is pink to help conceal their clan mark, that's really neat.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

killpurakat

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 25, 2019, 05:11:35 AM
If they were particularly malicious they could ensure the petition one gets enough signatures.  Then, they either end up with a new clan leader, or the annoying one is shut up for good.
Though I suppose that could theoretically leave them with an annoying clan leader.

Personally I hope they don't make the total, they do look kind of cute.

EDIT: Also, if the arm is pink to help conceal their clan mark, that's really neat.

Given that it seems to require a certain level of power to become a true Clan Leader/Tri-Wing, the name-only leader would probably have a similar level of power as an elected official, which is probably good, because something about the person shown here and the response they are getting is putting me in the mind of a combo of those MLM scams and high school government.

I noticed the arm too! I think the symbols glow when magic is used (which was why Abel said they can't be covered with magic), but for every day use, fur/skin dye would be a good way to keep it under wraps, assuming that it wasn't on the head wings or something else that the cubi was changing in order to fit in.

... actually, now that I think about it, could the symbol even be in a place like that? I'm assuming it can technically be anywhere, but so far we have only seen it on main body parts (torso, arms, legs, tails), not wings or hair or, heck, even eyes or teeth or tongue. Maybe it can't be on a part of the body easily shed or somewhere interfering with basic function?

Tapewolf

Quote from: killpurakat on October 25, 2019, 11:07:32 AM
I noticed the arm too! I think the symbols glow when magic is used (which was why Abel said they can't be covered with magic), but for every day use, fur/skin dye would be a good way to keep it under wraps, assuming that it wasn't on the head wings or something else that the cubi was changing in order to fit in.
... actually, now that I think about it, could the symbol even be in a place like that? I'm assuming it can technically be anywhere, but so far we have only seen it on main body parts (torso, arms, legs, tails), not wings or hair or, heck, even eyes or teeth or tongue. Maybe it can't be on a part of the body easily shed or somewhere interfering with basic function?

From what I've heard, it can't appear on the eyes.  My guess would be that it has to be on skin or fur : the wings are made from a different substance to the rest of the 'Cubi so it might not work, and in any case would be too easy to hide.  If it's supposed to be an external marker that someone is a 'Cubi, it would make sense for it to be programmed (by whoever or whatever created the 'Cubi race) to only appear in certain places, not internally or somewhere that would cause harm.  I think I was told there were 'preset' locations where it's more likely to appear, e.g. arm, leg, back.
Supposedly if you were to amputate or shapeshift away the limb it was on, the marking would reappear in the closest possible adjacent location.

Lying Foo

...well, I mean, clearly it can be on the eye, unless that's not what you meant...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

InhumanInterest

The luckiest cubi are the ones who had the symbol appear somewhere covered by your average swimsuit.

Also yes, petition cubi is pretty cute

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lying Foo on October 25, 2019, 02:04:44 PM
...well, I mean, clearly it can be on the eye, unless that's not what you meant...

The eye itself.  The eyeball.  We can see here that it's not affecting the eye.

Cassi-kun

It's interesting to learn that Aary's sniping is apparently a clan trait, not just a personal one. I've got Ambrose set up as a prankster clan, and of course there's Dimanika with her nuttiness and Daryil with his reputation.

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 25, 2019, 05:11:35 AMEDIT: Also, if the arm is pink to help conceal their clan mark, that's really neat.
I've considered that before. Obscuring clan marks is obviously a concern for many Cubi, after all.

My most creative is that Elsis the First didn't need to hide hers because it never appeared (would have been on the arm that got amputated), though apparently that doesn't quite work officially. Otherwise they mostly go under clothes, though one uses his shapeshifting to keep his hair in place over his.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 25, 2019, 02:36:02 PM
Quote from: Lying Foo on October 25, 2019, 02:04:44 PM

The eye itself.  The eyeball.  We can see here that it's not affecting the eye.

I guess that means Cubishax's mark placement is non-canon, then.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on October 26, 2019, 01:40:39 PM

Yeah, that's actually how I know this.  He's moved it elsewhere now.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 26, 2019, 01:43:08 PM
Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on October 26, 2019, 01:40:39 PM

Yeah, that's actually how I know this.  He's moved it elsewhere now.

Has he now? Where?