2019-10-14 [DMFA #1948] History and propaganda

Started by Tapewolf, October 14, 2019, 04:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

If Cyra has to be told this, maybe she should be watching those documentary channels a bit more closely.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Eboreg

Quote from: e_voyager on October 14, 2019, 06:09:48 AM
Well as they say history is his - story

And it's fairly open to interpretation based on what happened since then.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

MT Hazard

History is written by the victors, or, at very least the survivors.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

InhumanInterest

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 14, 2019, 04:28:26 AM
If Cyra has to be told this, maybe she should be watching those documentary channels a bit more closely.

Or maybe just get more involved in social media, really anything that would help her keep general tabs on public view would be helpful.

Also, smug Aary face for the win.

e_voyager

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 14, 2019, 11:00:25 AM
History is written by the victors, or, at very least the survivors.
Very much true however the survivors if they were not Victorious are often shouted down by the victors until the battle has long been forgotten
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aurum Lupus

So, from what I'm hearing from all the comics based on this world is, that the Dragon Wars are as seminal as our Seven Years War or WW1. Except, since there's magic on this world, it would probably be a lot more deadlier than a, let's say WW 3 if one were to happen. Albeit this reminds me of what's happening to the story of WW 2. At least, on the ideologies from the time. And WW 1 hasn't been talked about much because WW 2 is more interesting than the first. Also it doesn't really help that a lot of WW 1, especially in the beginning, it's all "fuzzy" to know how it was really started except for the assassination of Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand. Really, there's a lot of tension between all the European nations back in those days and everyone was just itching to start a war. So, even if, let's say that you managed to get a time machine and prevent the assassination, WW 1 may still would've happened anyway due to the fact that any nation was looking for ANY excuse to go to war. And just like she about the school that Daniel went, "Bonus points if that doesn't involve a being a defeating a creature." Tjis is the same thing when all the other school systems said that WW 1 was caused by Germany when it was really Serbia and the Austria-Hungary empire.
Sincerely Aurum Lupus

Tuyu

Well, that's not a fair question!  Dan would have slept through those classes except when they were covering the historic destruction of creatures! :D

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aurum Lupus on October 15, 2019, 01:50:24 AM
So, even if, let's say that you managed to get a time machine and prevent the assassination, WW 1 may still would've happened anyway due to the fact that any nation was looking for ANY excuse to go to war.

Yeah, it was mentioned on the forum years back that the Dragon-'Cubi war would have happened anyway.  Cyra just speeded up the process.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

InhumanInterest

"shoot the dictator and prevent the war ? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge;shoot one, and there'll be another one along in a minute."
― Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies