I wonder

Started by Aurum Lupus, August 23, 2019, 03:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurum Lupus

I wonder how much influence that the word of PF have from the human world. I'm not talking about the technological aspect, I'm talking about the cultural aspect. Like, what ideologies/culture goods, did Lord Page and Jakob bring with them from Earth? (Yes, I'm talking about Turning A New Page). Like, for example: Remember Page 130 of PF where Dorcan is wearing a Union Jack flag on his shirt. Yes I know that underneath the comic page says not to question it, but I'm kinda am going fo question it. Like, did Page and Jakob establish a trading system between Earth and Furrea? Like throughout history of Earth, when there's trade, there's a trade between cultures. Even if it is stolen.
Sincerely Aurum Lupus

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aurum Lupus on August 23, 2019, 03:24:20 PM
I wonder how much influence that the word of PF have from the human world. I'm not talking about the technological aspect, I'm talking about the cultural aspect. Like, what ideologies/culture goods, did Lord Page and Jakob bring with them from Earth? (Yes, I'm talking about Turning A New Page). Like, for example: Remember Page 130 of PF where Dorcan is wearing a Union Jack flag on his shirt. Yes I know that underneath the comic page says not to question it, but I'm kinda am going fo question it. Like, did Page and Jakob establish a trading system between Earth and Furrea? Like throughout history of Earth, when there's trade, there's a trade between cultures. Even if it is stolen.

Yeah, the Union Jack was something Ren did for fun and I went along with it in colouring.  The main concept in those early stories was that it provided a device for Jakob to bring earth technology to Furrae.  Page most definitely was influenced by the late 1960s counterculture, and the implication was that this may have started the Furrae hippy movement (e.g. Aliyka).
However, it is definitely worth bearing in mind that these early stories were written before I really knew what I was doing - nowadays I would definitely not have implied that what Page and Jakob were doing had a noticeable impact on DMFA proper.
Even when I did 'Turning A New Page' it took a bit of soul-searching as to whether I really wanted to include the 1960s scene at all, whether it had aged well enough.  Even so there was a lot of rewriting and many scenes from the original story were cut in the comic version because I no longer felt they worked.

EDIT: Since then we've also learned that Hizell and co. seem to be doing a lot of behind-the-scenes chicanery to keep the other races down, and what Jakob was doing was painting a big, fat target on his forehead.  It has also been told to me that the process for jumping between worlds is pretty dicey and can in fact result in a cascading failure of realities throughout the multiverse (hinted at in DMFA 792).  As a result, a lot of the multiversal travel thing has been dialled back.  While it hasn't yet been featured in any of the later stories, I am assume that Jakob was lucky to bail on Ha'Khun when he did, because otherwise Hizell would have eventually caught wind of an incubus running a prosperous nation, and crushed him like a bug.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aurum Lupus

DMFA 792. I wasn't quite sure if they were joking to mess with their friends heads and in turn messed with the readers heads. I didn't think it would actually be real in that universe.
So, what would happen if a human with the ability to both time travel and go between worlds and alternate realities SAFELY AND NOT DICY ended up on the front doorstep of the Jayhawk Base?
Sincerely Aurum Lupus

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aurum Lupus on August 23, 2019, 10:19:42 PM
DMFA 792. I wasn't quite sure if they were joking to mess with their friends heads and in turn messed with the readers heads. I didn't think it would actually be real in that universe.
So, what would happen if a human with the ability to both time travel and go between worlds and alternate realities SAFELY AND NOT DICY ended up on the front doorstep of the Jayhawk Base?

AFAIK the golden rule is that you must not, under any circumstances, enter a universe where you already exist.  I had kind of assumed that the same effect would prevent time-travel into your own past, but it may not from what I hear. 

As for what would happen it depends entirely on the human.  Do they come from a reality where both humans and furres exist?  There were humans in Furrae until they were wiped out (likely by the Dragon race).
What is the human's attitude?  If they have human-supremacist views their trip is unlikely to be fun and would probably consist of being turned over to the Being-Creature Commission for study, since their mission is to prevent the creation of new races that may threaten Furrae.
Otherwise, Daryil would likely consider it a coup to have human clan members - some clans did have human 'Cubi until the 'plagues' killed them, and it is known that 'Cubi and humans can interbreed.  Depending on the willingness of the human, of course.
If the human is not from a reality which has furres, they are probably going to have some kind of panic attack until 'Cubi members of Jayhawk security find and intercept them.  After this they can be reassured and things would likely proceed as above, a brief period of study followed by Daryil attempting to get human children for his clan.

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2019, 05:14:49 AM
AFAIK the golden rule is that you must not, under any circumstances, enter a universe where you already exist. 

oh no

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on August 24, 2019, 07:39:35 AM
oh no

I suspect that these are not just different universes but different multiverses...

Aurum Lupus

What would the cubi do (at least the ones at Jayhawk) after studying the human and after Daryil asks him (yes the human is Male, I bet Daryil will probably start hitting on him) about making children (whether he says yes or no) do to him? Or if he escapes back to his time and world and either Josh, Nial, Jakub, and or one of  Daryil's avatars goes chasing after him before leaving the facility, and catches up with him. But the human opened a portal back to his home world and one of them accidently gets sucked into the portal while trying to keep him from escaping. (The reason why I mentioned Daryil chasing the human was because I thought he would only chase him because he's hot and good looking, at least from Daryil's point of view).
Sincerely Aurum Lupus

Kuzma Volkov

Quote from: Merlin on August 24, 2019, 07:39:35 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2019, 05:14:49 AM
AFAIK the golden rule is that you must not, under any circumstances, enter a universe where you already exist. 

oh no

For some reason this reminded me of the mighty boosh... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaqo2IhH4kw