2019/08/06 [MOTO 7-08] My brother from another species

Started by MT Hazard, August 05, 2019, 11:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Why do they have to stick together?

Maybe because they have both been victims of abuse for just being what they are. Mimics as a race are largely enslaved and looked down on. Shapeshifters are often killed because their god is a terrible person and they could be tricksters.

As a side note, Col needs to decide what is more important, his traditions and taboos or his life. Changing his last name and covering his markings would probably improve his life a fair bit.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Puyon

I did ask Merlin once why it is shapeshifters don't just cover their arms and I believe the answer was "taboo is serious business in a world with capricious gods".

If Jake keeps an eye on his shapeshifters, well, I wouldn't want to defy that which he considers taboo.
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on August 05, 2019, 02:57:53 PM
I did ask Merlin once why it is shapeshifters don't just cover their arms and I believe the answer was "taboo is serious business in a world with capricious gods".
If Jake keeps an eye on his shapeshifters, well, I wouldn't want to defy that which he considers taboo.

Yeah, I wouldn't put it past him to get all wrathful on his children, endangered species or no.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

So he is perfectly okay with tricksters hiding what they are but not shapeshifters? Sounds like if people are going to assume they are tricksters anyway they might as well become them.

If they hide the marks with illusions,  they are hiding their marks which is bad (according to him), but they are using illusions to deceive people which is good (according to him), so which would be more important? 
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

ProfesseurRenard

Hold on, didn't Fall establish that Shapeshifters use to be under Clyde's patronage before Jake gave him the Taurs? Begs the question of whether the tattoo taboo originated with Jake or with Clyde.

Merlin

Jake might be their patron god, but he's also a big exiled loser who can't necessarily do anything if one of the other gods takes exception with shapeshifters covering their marks