2019-01-04 [DMFA #1893] - So, what do you say...?

Started by Tapewolf, January 04, 2019, 04:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

By rights this should be a good thing, Jyrras helping Biggs to better the world's lot.  Yet it feels strangely ominous.
I can see Jyrras agreeing with the principle, and I can see him having issues with adventurers and Hizell.  But given that he relates to Creatures better than Beings, I wonder just what his breaking point would be.  If it meant murdering all his friends, would he still be so keen?

Even without that, I have to wonder if Biggs has planned for the situation where a large number of thugs with swords have suddenly lost their only job. 

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tuyu

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 04, 2019, 04:38:28 AM
By rights this should be a good thing, Jyrras helping Biggs to better the world's lot.  Yet it feels strangely ominous.
Exactly my feeling.

I want to see Mab's expression at that moment (assuming she's aware of what just happened.) I'm not entirely convinced she'd be smiling.

Akisohida

Quote from: Tuyu on January 04, 2019, 11:31:27 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on January 04, 2019, 04:38:28 AM
Exactly my feeling.

I want to see Mab's expression at that moment (assuming she's aware of what just happened.) I'm not entirely convinced she'd be smiling.

I think she would be smiling. I still think Mab is not as carefree, or nice, as she seems.

She's already aware someone will die to make her plans work, and is fine with this. Maybe it took her a long time to be fine with it, but she's still willing to sacrifice a supposed friend for her goals, IIRC.

I'm just getting the vibe that Mab is much more than anyone, be they character or we the readers, know.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Dracologist

To me this actually sounds like a proposal to start developing easy to use weapons for self defense (like firearms).  But if I remember the early comics there are already guns in this universe.  Or was that revoked?

Alondro

Charline de Lyon chose the 'mad with power' route... and never looked back!

Now she sits in her room whispering 'Rosebud' all the time...
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

keybounce

Quote from: Akisohida on January 05, 2019, 01:04:52 AM
She's already aware someone will die to make her plans work, and is fine with this. Maybe it took her a long time to be fine with it, but she's still willing to sacrifice a supposed friend for her goals, IIRC.

I'm just getting the vibe that Mab is much more than anyone, be they character or we the readers, know.

Maybe less "I'm willing to sacrifice someone", and more "I have to let them live their own lives.".

She's said that she can do anything, so rather than make choices for people, she lets them make choices for themselves. She decides on people to act as a moral compass, and gives them the ability to carry out whatever they want, without her judging them.

Can she look at the future timelines, and sense that any timeline where their goals are successful has at least 2 deaths? Sure. We know she's not a linear being.

Can she look at the future timelines, see that "those" have 4 or 5 deaths, while "that one" has only 2? ... Maybe. Can't rule it out.

Will she then decide to tell people "Take that route"?

Depends. Does anyone ask her "For my boon? Tell me the best way to reach goal X"? Naah, they all say "Give me _____". No one says "Give me information", they all say "Give me this tool", or "Give me this favor", or "Give me this food".