10/08/2018 [Epsilon 22-06] Utter Madness.

Started by Genesis, October 08, 2018, 05:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genesis

So I gotta ask, on a scale of 1 to Ray Charles, how damn blind are these morons?
Sydney is so blatantly not Clan daryil it's hilarious.

I mean #1: he's quite clearly a Doberman, and shows almost no traits of being a fox(amusingly since he actually IS half fox) aside from the fluffy tail, and he certainly doesn't have daryil quite distinctive fur or hair color.

#2: he has bat style pure black wings, whereas pretty much every member of clan daryil we've seen has two tone light and dark grey feathered wings

And finally #3: unless I've severely misunderstood how tri-wings work, wouldn't daryil know THE SECOND that they attacked his child(which I'm suspecting is a girl from daryil's repeated surprise at mentioning a son).

Also what is the purple guy anyway(I forgot his name)? He has the cheek fluff of a lynx or something but his muzzle looks off, and he rather conspicuously lacks wings, being the only one in the room without them.
"I will finish the painting. Of a cold, dark, and very gentle place. So that it might make a home for someone, someday" - The Painter

Tapewolf

Quote from: Genesis on October 08, 2018, 05:34:28 PM
So I gotta ask, on a scale of 1 to Ray Charles, how damn blind are these morons?

I mean #1: he's quite clearly a Doberman, and shows almost no traits of being a fox(amusingly since he actually IS half fox) aside from the fluffy tail, and he certainly doesn't have daryil quite distinctive fur or hair color.

We will cover the rationale in the next couple of pages.

As for Syd, if he was a Doberman he'd have floppy ears like Dorcan.  I don't usually do the cropped ear thing because it's horrible.  Fairwater is one of the few Doberman characters to have had that done.

While the characters have an unfortunate tendency to towards 'generic canid', I think the main confusion is that the characters flatten their ears back when upset, which has been 90% of the time for Syd.  If you look around chapters 8 and 9 when he's actually having a decent time, his ears are rather more foxlike.  Don't forget that a 'Cubi/Being progeny will take the species of the Being, and his mother was indisputably a vixen.

Professor Fa'Rana is a raccoon.  The cheek fluff does seem to have gone a bit Earzilla lately.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Genesis

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 08, 2018, 07:30:25 PM

We will cover the rationale in the next couple of pages.

As for Syd, if he was a Doberman he'd have floppy ears like Dorcan.  I don't usually do the cropped ear thing because it's horrible.  Fairwater is one of the few Doberman characters to have had that done.

While the characters have an unfortunate tendency to towards 'generic canid', I think the main confusion is that the characters flatten their ears back when upset, which has been 90% of the time for Syd.  If you look around chapters 8 and 9 when he's actually having a decent time, his ears are rather more foxlike.  Don't forget that a 'Cubi/Being progeny will take the species of the Being, and his mother was indisputably a vixen.

Professor Fa'Rana is a raccoon.  The cheek fluff does seem to have gone a bit Earzilla lately.

Fair enough, I admit I got impatient with trying to understand.

And yeah I guess I hadn't really noticed he has erect fox ears, and I always did wonder about fairwaters ears, I really hope he had them cropped himself as an adult, kinda like ear piercing or other body mods, not had them cropped as a puppy by force. And I forget was his tail docked or intact, admittedly I don't stare at the characters tails all to often.

And I can see the raccoon, I guess I just wasn't used to them being purple/pink. Still curious about his hiding his wings, though I guess that could be just style.

Also wait, if he's professor Fa'Rana, that means he's THE boss right? Or am I remembering the traitor clans name wrong.
"I will finish the painting. Of a cold, dark, and very gentle place. So that it might make a home for someone, someday" - The Painter

Tapewolf

Fair enough, I admit I got impatient with trying to understand.

And yeah I guess I hadn't really noticed he has erect fox ears, and I always did wonder about fairwaters ears, I really hope he had them cropped himself as an adult, kinda like ear piercing or other body mods, not had them cropped as a puppy by force. And I forget was his tail docked or intact, admittedly I don't stare at the characters tails all to often.

And I can see the raccoon, I guess I just wasn't used to them being purple/pink. Still curious about his hiding his wings, though I guess that could be just style.

Also wait, if he's professor Fa'Rana, that means he's THE boss right? Or am I remembering the traitor clans name wrong.

Yes, like Daryil was prior to his ascension, The Professor is head of the clan.
And the ear cropping is something that Fairwater had done voluntarily, like a piercing or a tattoo.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E