Ren appreciation thread

Started by Raskahn, September 14, 2018, 12:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raskahn

Welcome back Ren! Reading today's page threw me off by a few years :D

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raskahn on September 14, 2018, 12:27:54 PM
Welcome back Ren! Reading today's page threw me off by a few years :D

Indeed.  Ten years on seemed the perfect place to do this.  I'm really glad Ren agreed to do guest art for this, I just hope he can get the remaining pages done in time!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Chakat Blackspots

Huh, I guess this is just non-cannon guest art by Ren?

Raskahn

It's rarely that the "It was just a dream" trope can be pulled off without backlash from the audience in this day and age. I suspect something more than just "non canon" art.
That's what the fillers are for. Well that, and Tape's plan B in the grand scheme that is regular updates.  :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

It really wasn't a dream, and he's dreaming now. :-P
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Puyon

Seriously, This is awesome! This is something that only could have happened because of the artists changing. This is a very strong use of the "it could be a dream" thing because, now with Ren doing the art, it actually feels like we've been thrown back to the start of the comic, and a very effective use of the comic's history. God this is so cool
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on September 15, 2018, 01:08:23 PM
Seriously, This is awesome! This is something that only could have happened because of the artists changing. This is a very strong use of the "it could be a dream" thing because, now with Ren doing the art, it actually feels like we've been thrown back to the start of the comic, and a very effective use of the comic's history. God this is so cool

Thanks.  I'm really excited for the next couple of pages myself.  This is something that could either work really well or end up a complete mess.

Raskahn

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 15, 2018, 01:24:28 PM
Quote from: Puyon on September 15, 2018, 01:08:23 PM

Thanks.  I'm really excited for the next couple of pages myself.  This is something that could either work really well or end up a complete mess.

The good thing about art is that it is subjective. Tape, no matter the outcome, it's here and people enjoy it.

Merlin

I hereby declare every thread Ren appreciation thread :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Merlin on September 15, 2018, 09:09:55 PM
I hereby declare every thread Ren appreciation thread :3

... We are gay for Ren?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Raskahn

Chakat Blackspots

Ok, I don't understand this update.  Are we officially in reboot comic mode?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Chakat Blackspots on September 21, 2018, 10:45:01 PM

If the next page gets delayed, I'll give you a hint.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Chakat Blackspots on September 21, 2018, 10:45:01 PM

Hopefully the next update will happen by Monday, but no promises.  Since it's going to be late I will point out that a reboot would adversely affect Epsilon.
When the next page does run, it should put things into perspective.

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 28, 2018, 05:28:41 PM
Since it's going to be late I will point out that a reboot would adversely affect Epsilon.

Not if Epsilon is Josh's next dream

it's all coming together now
*puts pin with string onto giant corkboard labelled "NOT crackpot conspiracy theories"*

Tapewolf

OK, the third page of this sequence is now in my possession, and should be up by Friday at the latest.  Sorry for the delay - turns out Ren's computer died, which didn't help matters.

Merlin

Ren's art looks amazing in the next page