9-23-06/ Abel's Story

Started by willow186129, September 23, 2006, 12:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

About Xander - he's already searched the building alone and come back to tell the tale.  He's also an adventurer capable of taking down an Angel and quite possibly a Creature himself.  Abel is arguably the weak link here.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

I wouldnt say weak link but you follow real point there Jak

Boog

A brief prediction for the future. Abel, down by the creek, gets his second headwings. Since he's already freaked out he really loses it and starts slinging magic everywhere in his panic. Devin shows up about here; he already has called Abel a demon before, and now he sees Abel with all the features of a rather nasty breed of demon going crazy soon after they see evidense of a demon's handywork. The procedure's pretty obvious.

MT Hazard

I not sure if you can have Hemophobia from birth but I'm sure its not impossible. All phobias are an over the top reaction to a perceived danger and pretty much all of them are connected to one or more of three things, death, insanity or being maimed. Its pretty much instinctive to know blood should stay inside the body, so it could be your mind interpreters a bloody mess as "I'm next".

Oh and Cubi would be bloodless feeders soul sucking probably doesn't leave any physical wounds.

On the kill the adventuring cCareer topic I imagine Fa'lina is heavily anti adventure seeing her reaction to Merv and the fact her whole clan was killed by them, this probably who be passed on to Abel.

How doe you work the add quote feature by the way?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Manawolf

Hematophobia, folks.  Hematophobia.  I think Niles from Frasier had it too (just to name an example).

Weleho Rogan

hematophobia is a synonyme for hemophobia  :meh

Tapewolf

Quote from: Weleho Rogan on September 23, 2006, 11:45:37 AM
hematophobia is a synonym for hemophobia  :meh

...and haemophobia is the UK English version.

I'm not sure Abel's about to get his headwings yet - I think he needs a bit more emotional energy first (from someone else, I might add - not his own).  Besides which, I don't see even Devin going to blame him for something which happened while Abel was with them and for something which Abel couldn't stomach..

Aridas

Quote from: Boogeyman on September 23, 2006, 09:23:47 AM
A brief prediction for the future. Abel, down by the creek, gets his second headwings. Since he's already freaked out he really loses it and starts slinging magic everywhere in his panic. Devin shows up about here; he already has called Abel a demon before, and now he sees Abel with all the features of a rather nasty breed of demon going crazy soon after they see evidense of a demon's handywork. The procedure's pretty obvious.
Who do you think he is, Ballos?

Zedd

Dont worry...Be worried much when Zedd sprouted his head wings too...He cried liek for 2 days and a half till someone slugged him in the jaw

Aridas

i'm pretty sure your own stories don't count.

Weleho Rogan

the process of getting wings doesn't seem to be painful in any way

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_303.php

Dan's misery due to wings is caused by him not wanting to be a 'cubi

Bloodwish

Quote from: Weleho Rogan on September 23, 2006, 05:29:38 AM
isn't haemophobia just one's natural instincts over-reacting?

funny to think about a creature like 'cubi (who are often the predators) who would have this sort of instinct  :P

Heh, one of my first incarnations on Furc was a Haemophobic Vampire... but people said that was lame so I turned him into an 'igor' like sidekick who liked to boss people about...

Manawolf

Quote from: Weleho Rogan on September 23, 2006, 12:57:38 PM

Actually, previous strips show that the headwings induce headaches before finally sprouting.

ITOS

Quote from: Manawolf on September 23, 2006, 01:09:29 PM

Actually, previous strips show that the headwings induce headaches before finally sprouting.

Not quite: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_488.php
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Tapewolf

Quote from: Manawolf on September 23, 2006, 01:09:29 PM

True, but he also has headaches afterwards as well.  Fa'lina then demonstrates that this is caused by his lacking a mental shield.

That said, I think it was the overload which allowed his headwings to appear.  Amber said it was like his energy reserves reached a certain point which allowed/caused them to form.  If you cast spells a lot it would probably be less painful, but it seems to me it would also take longer for your headwings to appear since you'd be siphoning off the energy they need.

ITOS seems to have got there first..

Amber Williams

I have a wonderful friend...who has had a phobia of needles for almost as long as I can remember.  She's never had any bad incident involving needles...in fact she's said that outside of her own panic and paranoia all the doctors who have ever had to use needles were very professional and trauma-free.  She's just always been scared of them.

I've never understood why some people insist that there has to be some major traumatic event to really alter someones psyche. Not every serial killer has had events in his past that pushed him over the edge...nor not every extreme-feminist has had horrible abuse suffered that has caused her to be resentful.

Granted upcoming events might not be the most helpful to the situation or issue...but it doesn't necessarily mean they are the cause and reason...

Raskahn

Hmm today's comic made me think about this one: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_625.php

Seeing as Devin's hands are pretty bloody

Weleho Rogan

wow well done  :)

Abel even tries to say something beginning with "han", he could be trying to say something about hands...

(stuff I've heard about phobias:
Some phobias are given by birth, but almost any phobia can be aquired by traumatic events.. some traumas are gained by 'experience', which is not necessarily anything traumatic. It is possible, that some reaction a person notices as a baby reflects on the person later on in life, an example of this would be arachnophobia which is one of the most common phobias. Any trauma can be cured some way, but firth given phobias which are usually natural instincts over-reacting (for example, haphephobia - fear of touch) when a person feels that every touch is an attempt to attack, offend, so on  :) Even this can be gained through trauma but many many phobias are birth given, such as fear of heights which I had as a kid. There was no explanation for my fear of heights, also it didn't occur when flying in a cessna, only when it was a building or such  :B then it just disappeared.)

wussycat

Abel and Devin... together... wet...  :mowhappy

ShiningShadow

We all have phobia in one case or another. But in Abel's case something must have happen early on in his life before he met Devin. It has to be that event that made Abel *well* Abel.............................

willow186129

Quote from: Weleho Rogan on September 23, 2006, 03:35:48 PM
wow well done  :)

Abel even tries to say something beginning with "han", he could be trying to say something about hands...

(stuff I've heard about phobias:
Some phobias are given by birth, but almost any phobia can be aquired by traumatic events.. some traumas are gained by 'experience', which is not necessarily anything traumatic. It is possible, that some reaction a person notices as a baby reflects on the person later on in life, an example of this would be arachnophobia which is one of the most common phobias. Any trauma can be cured some way, but firth given phobias which are usually natural instincts over-reacting (for example, haphephobia - fear of touch) when a person feels that every touch is an attempt to attack, offend, so on  :) Even this can be gained through trauma but many many phobias are birth given, such as fear of heights which I had as a kid. There was no explanation for my fear of heights, also it didn't occur when flying in a cessna, only when it was a building or such  :B then it just disappeared.)

Ooooh...he coulda been saying something about hands! *thinks if she knows of anything else that begins with 'han' that could be in Abel's arc* Good catch O_o

How old were you when it just disappeared? I've had a bad fear of heights since I was born and I can't even go on the second story of in-progress houses...I can't even go on the stairs of them, gosh darnit ><

Rowne

Hiya Abel, I've come to clean up!

Hu--?  *GLORP!*

Oh Devin, you cad.

I'm eager to see where this is going though and personally, I'm wondering what Xander saw in the last panel.  His tail has this "WTF?!" expression to it.  I'm likely just reading too much into that, though.

Weleho Rogan

I just noticed that the headaches of Dan might occur due to his inability to control the emotion flow that comes into his head.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_670.php

James StarRunner

Quote from: Amber Panyko on September 23, 2006, 01:16:07 PM
I have a wonderful friend...who has had a phobia of needles for almost as long as I can remember.  She's never had any bad incident involving needles...in fact she's said that outside of her own panic and paranoia all the doctors who have ever had to use needles were very professional and trauma-free.  She's just always been scared of them.
*shudders* Cursed needles! Oh how I hate you! But like your friend, I never had anything bad happen with needles before... I JUST HATE THEM!! I can never watch when they stick me (or others) with one.

ShiningShadow

Well me I was afraid of heights then I went to a six story building and went out to the fire escape all night. It cured my phobia of heights. So I got others but slowly and surley will cure them. Until then have a nice day  :P

James StarRunner

As others know my health wasn't the best and even after constant needles, I'm still not over my serious dislike over them and likely never will. Heck, I've (accendently) cut myself with knives and stared at it as if it was nothing, but I still hate those needles.

*James dieing on a hospital bed*
Lady: *pulls out needle* We need to draw your blood so we know what's wrong with you.
Me: Do you have to?! *cries*

Weleho Rogan

Quote from: Smiles on September 23, 2006, 05:52:32 PM

How old were you when it just disappeared? I've had a bad fear of heights since I was born and I can't even go on the second story of in-progress houses...I can't even go on the stairs of them, gosh darnit ><

I was 12 years old.

I have ansolutely no idea why the phobia scrammed and why it didn't occur to me ever on planes. I simply looove planes and I pity the people who fear flying from the bottom of my heart  :3

Human mind, go figure  :)

James StarRunner

Quote from: James StarRunner on September 23, 2006, 06:09:42 PM
As others know my health wasn't the best and even after constant needles, I'm still not over my serious dislike over them and likely never will. Heck, I've (accendently) cut myself with knives and stared at it as if it was nothing, but I still hate those needles.

*James dieing on a hospital bed*
Lady: *pulls out needle* We need to draw your blood so we know what's wrong with you.
Me: Do you have to?! *cries*
Dang button... delete this.

Rowne

I have a weird attitude with needles, I'm not so bad about people taking bits from me as long as I know what tests are going to be run, I also don't mind being injected with something as long as I know what's going in.  I suppose I have more of a fear of patronizing and impatient Doctors than I do of needles.

As for heights ... I'm actually absolutely terrified of heights but for some reason, I love it.  I'll get dizzy, I'll almost pass out and then I'll find myself asking; Can we do it again?!?  :D  This is further proof I suppose that I have little to nothing in the way of survival instincts.

Weleho Rogan

hmmm.. maybe it is because nothing DIDN'T happen, right?  :)

'coz if you get in a plane and enjoy the funnehs of negative G and high positive G, it's exactly the same- and I surely don't lack survival instincts considering how paranoid I can be at times  :B