2018/06/22 [PF 533] A pretty safe bet.

Started by Genesis, June 21, 2018, 06:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genesis

So wait, they managed to actually knock out an android? How is that even possible?

Also on a less serious note, be that a fallout reference I see?

And on antler theft, that sounds... painful.
"I will finish the painting. Of a cold, dark, and very gentle place. So that it might make a home for someone, someday" - The Painter

Tapewolf

Quote from: Genesis on June 21, 2018, 06:04:58 PM
So wait, they managed to actually knock out an android? How is that even possible?
Accelerometers.

Also on a less serious note, be that a fallout reference I see?

Actually I hadn't played any of the Fallout games when this was written.  It took me a while to figure out that the in-game currency was bottletops, since 'caps' can also refer to ammunition.

And on antler theft, that sounds... painful.

Less so if the antlers are seasonal.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Genesis

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 21, 2018, 06:20:46 PM
Quote from: Genesis on June 21, 2018, 06:04:58 PM
Accelerometers.

Forgive me for not understanding, I'm not well versed in engineering/mechanics, but does that mean they were designed to be able to be knocked out? Or is that a side effect of some other function?
"I will finish the painting. Of a cold, dark, and very gentle place. So that it might make a home for someone, someday" - The Painter

Tapewolf

Quote from: Genesis on June 21, 2018, 06:42:22 PM

Forgive me for not understanding, I'm not well versed in engineering/mechanics, but does that mean they were designed to be able to be knocked out? Or is that a side effect of some other function?

If he's given a sufficiently powerful blow to the head, he'll go into self test mode.  To what extent this is because he's experimental, and to what extent it's to disguise his synthetic nature, you'd have to ask Ashley.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Genesis

Y'know I just thought of something,admittedly only tangentially related to this strip because deer, but how in hel would a deer cubi(a real one not like amanti(did I spell that right)) work, what with the antlers and all.

Merlin

Quote from: Genesis on June 22, 2018, 11:02:59 PM
Y'know I just thought of something,admittedly only tangentially related to this strip because deer, but how in hel would a deer cubi(a real one not like amanti(did I spell that right)) work, what with the antlers and all.

Genesis

Quote from: Merlin on June 23, 2018, 05:51:21 AM
Quote from: Genesis on June 22, 2018, 11:02:59 PM

That's adorable on so many levels. Wonder if they can shapeshift the antlers, since they're just dead bone.