2018-04-30 [DMFA#1834] - Shooting the messenger

Started by Tapewolf, April 30, 2018, 05:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Now we get to find out if Abel Siar is on her radar at all.  If not, I guess he will be soon.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AzureEdge

Poor little fancy hat loving Warp Aci. He doesn't deserve this.

e_voyager

when she finds out what happened she'll be even more ticked than she is now i'm sure.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Hoodoo

Ah. And there's the scary side of Piflak - the one that supposedly turns people into pies and pipe organs. 

Run, Miss Priss, Run!

Akisohida

Quote from: Hoodoo on April 30, 2018, 09:29:16 PM
Ah. And there's the scary side of Piflak - the one that supposedly turns people into pies and pipe organs. 

Run, Miss Priss, Run!

Delicious pies, no less!

..And I'm sure Miss Priss just learned if Warp Aci can pee themselves.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Nightmask

And here we thought Destania and Biggs were the big threat to Hizell, now he's REALLY in trouble.

Prroul

Quote from: Nightmask on May 01, 2018, 12:47:07 AM
And here we thought Destania and Biggs were the big threat to Hizell, now he's REALLY in trouble.
Yes and no... specifically, no.

Here's the thing. Hizel is stupidly powerful. One of the more powerful creatures around, in fact. Des and Biggs are coming at him sideways and exploiting weaknesses, and have LOTS of resources at their beck and call.

Now, that's not to say that she doesn't also have quite a lot of resources at her beck and call, and if she were to work *with* Des and Biggs, that would probably be a big help in this scenario. However, her going off half-cocked at Hizel is not going to really make things more difficult for him, and in fact could end her up in a really bad situation. After all, Hizel has already killed more than one Clan Leader already, what's one more?

However, if this puts Abel on her watch-list, it could become far more difficult to simply 'disappear' him later. But that doesn't seem to be Hizel's plan at the moment...

Hizel is wanting Abel right where he is, and has made it plain that should he ever LEAVE the city of Zvinth, he'll be immediately be picked up and hunted down by bounty hunters. There's a reason he wants Abel right there, and I suspect it is as a stalking horse for Des, trying to drag her out of the shadows where he can get a really GOOD shot at her... with extremely profound apologies to the city, and commiserate payment of fees and fines for trespassing, yet again, within the city limits. And would count the cost a small one.

So I don't really see how having her attention on Abel is going to really help things at the moment. As much as Hizel wants Abel dead, he wants Des dead at least a hundred times as much, and Abel is Hizel's one lead on Des, so he's NOT going to let that insufferable 'cubi die while he can be dangled in front of Hizel's actual target.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Prroul on May 03, 2018, 07:24:16 PM
However, her going off half-cocked at Hizel is not going to really make things more difficult for him, and in fact could end her up in a really bad situation. After all, Hizel has already killed more than one Clan Leader already, what's one more?

Indeed.  Hizell would probably welcome that in order to get rid of her once and for all.

Genesis

Y'know I just though of something, what if Hizel is just trying to lure his enemies(presumably Abel, Dest, and Qouar(did I spell that right?)) into a small enough range that he can just nuke the area they're in(or some magical equivalent thereof)?

He'd probably piss off a bunch of people, but at this point what's he got to lose?

His wife's dead, his kids are dead(or as good as in his eyes), and considering the lack of dragons we've seen, his species is on the out.
"I will finish the painting. Of a cold, dark, and very gentle place. So that it might make a home for someone, someday" - The Painter

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Genesis on May 03, 2018, 11:06:52 PM
His wife's dead, his kids are dead(or as good as in his eyes), and considering the lack of dragons we've seen, his species is on the out.

I think it's more that Dragons just tend to be reclusive. From DMFA's "Demo 101" page: Dragons are for the most part solitary creatures. Any families or groups seem very adept at hiding themselves. It has been rumoured that the dragons, upon hearing of the Fae's kingdom, worked together in order to create their own special magic kingdom. If it is true or not, no dragon will say.

Genesis

Quote from: CubiKitsune on May 03, 2018, 11:34:19 PM

I think it's more that Dragons just tend to be reclusive. From DMFA's "Demo 101" page: Dragons are for the most part solitary creatures. Any families or groups seem very adept at hiding themselves. It has been rumoured that the dragons, upon hearing of the Fae's kingdom, worked together in order to create their own special magic kingdom. If it is true or not, no dragon will say.
Ah I had forgotten that part, though I would have thought if there was a hidden kingdom of dragons it would be easier for them to wipe out... well pretty much anything not a dragon.
"I will finish the painting. Of a cold, dark, and very gentle place. So that it might make a home for someone, someday" - The Painter

Tuyu

That nuke theory also offers another perspective on sending his minions to Pyroduck.

One last try to get Pyro to "straighten up and fly right", making him worth rescuing from the area before it gets flattened.

Nightmask

Quote from: Prroul on May 03, 2018, 07:24:16 PM
Quote from: Nightmask on May 01, 2018, 12:47:07 AM
Yes and no... specifically, no.

Here's the thing. Hizel is stupidly powerful. One of the more powerful creatures around, in fact. Des and Biggs are coming at him sideways and exploiting weaknesses, and have LOTS of resources at their beck and call.

Now, that's not to say that she doesn't also have quite a lot of resources at her beck and call, and if she were to work *with* Des and Biggs, that would probably be a big help in this scenario. However, her going off half-cocked at Hizel is not going to really make things more difficult for him, and in fact could end her up in a really bad situation. After all, Hizel has already killed more than one Clan Leader already, what's one more?

However, if this puts Abel on her watch-list, it could become far more difficult to simply 'disappear' him later. But that doesn't seem to be Hizel's plan at the moment...

Hizel is wanting Abel right where he is, and has made it plain that should he ever LEAVE the city of Zvinth, he'll be immediately be picked up and hunted down by bounty hunters. There's a reason he wants Abel right there, and I suspect it is as a stalking horse for Des, trying to drag her out of the shadows where he can get a really GOOD shot at her... with extremely profound apologies to the city, and commiserate payment of fees and fines for trespassing, yet again, within the city limits. And would count the cost a small one.

So I don't really see how having her attention on Abel is going to really help things at the moment. As much as Hizel wants Abel dead, he wants Des dead at least a hundred times as much, and Abel is Hizel's one lead on Des, so he's NOT going to let that insufferable 'cubi die while he can be dangled in front of Hizel's actual target.

My post was meant humorously, not seriously.  jsyk

Tapewolf

Y'know I just though of something, what if Hizel is just trying to lure his enemies(presumably Abel, Dest, and Qouar(did I spell that right?)) into a small enough range that he can just nuke the area they're in(or some magical equivalent thereof)?
He'd probably piss off a bunch of people, but at this point what's he got to lose?

That was his plan for the inn, actually.  The reason he didn't was because Mab was there and she could squash him like a bug, or make him wish she would.

Genesis

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 04, 2018, 04:40:51 AM

That was his plan for the inn, actually.  The reason he didn't was because Mab was there and she could squash him like a bug, or make him wish she would.

Oh right, I forgot about that plan. Yeah I guess even for someone with potentially nothing left to lose being tortured by what amounts to an eldritch abomination isn't desirable.