2018-03-21 [DLR 10-09] 'Don't claim your Sven built bounties though...

Started by WhyNot?, March 21, 2018, 06:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhyNot?

...there are only so many layers of irony we can handle.'

I've spoken before about what the wonders of adaptation to a visual medium in relation to Dark Lord Rising and I want to do so here as well.

Y'know, original story Amanti was one of my least liked characters in the PF-Verse? It's amazing what giving somebody more expressions and emotions than 'sickly grin' and 'indignant' can do. Everything, from Daryil lectures to Snell accusations, seemed to roll off his back as opposed to, say, Keaton who'd end up on the back foot and go through stuff as a result of her actions. It's also kind of interesting considering not much changed, over than a large reduction of his kill numbers, on the dialogue front other than making it so Daryil muses over Amanti's past kill count rather than it being a reprimand(?) to Ernst for being disgusted that he kills double figures of innocent people yearly, which was just...odd.

Sorry for kinda splurging out about the original story on the comic thread, but I've been waiting since the comic began to see how it handled what, to me, is it's one big mis-step and I'm pleasantly surprised at how easy it was.

Tapewolf

One of the nice things about doing a comic conversion is that you get a chance to tighten things up and fix things which you didn't like.
Sometimes it goes the other way, of course, in that something which was amusing on paper becomes downright horrifying when actually presented visually.

And yeah, even in the original story, Daryil isn't pleased about Amanti's murder sprees.  He's not admonishing Ernst, he's just pointing out that it was even worse before.  I revised the numbers down because just didn't work properly in the frame of a comic.  That and Amanti became far more likeable to me once he had a face put to him.

EDIT: Also the concluding page is going to be new.  I didn't like the ending line and came up with something else instead.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E