2018-03-13 [DLR 10-08] He's dead!

Started by ZacAttac21, March 13, 2018, 09:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttac21

Okay, I can think of three possible meanings for Daryil's statement: 1) Sven/Amanti already died and was restored as an android, 2) it's a metaphor meaning that Amanti will no longer portray himself as Sven, or 3) Amanti pulled an Aniz (killed and replaced the real Sven).

My money's on the 3rd possibility.

Genesis

I'd bet on Possiblity 3 as well. For all his crazy, Amanti doesn't seem the mass murdering type.
"I will finish the painting. Of a cold, dark, and very gentle place. So that it might make a home for someone, someday" - The Painter

WhyNot?

Quote from: Genesis on March 14, 2018, 06:26:07 PM
I'd bet on Possiblity 3 as well. For all his crazy, Amanti doesn't seem the mass murdering type.

Well, they are after Sven for the murder of a single person, not some mass slaughter, which Amanti has shown himself quite capable of so I don't know if that's a great argument for it, even though it's the most likely possibility anyway.

Remember this is the guy who randomly kills waitresses for telling him their out of what he wants to order.

Cassi-kun

I'm laying odds on Amanti killing the real Sven, and I'm leaning toward some time during the course of the comic.

Sven and Keller are established to have a relationship prior to the comic, where Sven sees the breaking into his house as nothing more than an annoyance (once he realizes who it is), and is familiar enough with his habits that he's got the tools on hand to scan for stolen items. So it's unlikely Amanti had replaced him at that point, in my opinion, unless he'd read Sven's memories very thoroughly before killing him.

On the other hand, "reign of terror" does seem a likely pastime for a Jyraneth.

However my bet is that, if it did happen during the course off the comic, it was when Sven jumped out the window after killing the waitress. He was separated from the party for a while, and then in the toilets by himself a while more - ample opportunity for Amanti to step in, and with Sven's surface thoughts almost certainly being little if anything more than his mission and companions at that moment, taking on his identity would have been easier to accomplish.

With Reeves secretly being Daryil, that may also be why Amanti himself was the incubus depicted in the talk of soul-stealing kisses - he already knew Sven was Amanti by that point.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!