Started by WhyNot?, February 07, 2018, 04:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhyNot?

''It's more likely than you think.''

Huh, I think that's the second time in the PF-verse a conversation has gone:

''So my parents were soul-eating monsters and they died as a result of it.''
''You mean they were killed out of RACISM?''
''Were-were you not paying attention to the conversation we just had?''

Also, hey, Fox Bandit got an appearance in DHS. As someone who, as I mentioned in the last DLR thread, the comic adaptation has caused me to grow an inexplicable liking for I hope she doesn't end up as some sort of reverse Jirra Boomer.

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhyNot? on February 07, 2018, 04:16:59 PM

I think this may have been a mistake originally, but I kept it like that because people do make mistakes, or don't pay full attention.  It gets a little silly if the characters aren't susceptible to it as well.

As for Keller/Snell, he's one of the older people present, so folk being killed in racial murders has been a fact of life for him, at least in his early years.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

WhyNot?

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 07, 2018, 06:04:57 PM

I think this may have been a mistake originally, but I kept it like that because people do make mistakes, or don't pay full attention.  It gets a little silly if the characters aren't susceptible to it as well.

As for Keller/Snell, he's one of the older people present, so folk being killed in racial murders has been a fact of life for him, at least in his early years.

Yeah, as the meme joke in the title implies, given Furrae as depicted by the PF-verse it's a fair assumption to make. Still, I found it kind of funny that it's happened twice now.

Meany

It's a thing I really started to notice with To Catch a Demon, but the PF verse's anti-death penalty bend sometimes gets in the way of telling a compelling story.  It's completely understandable why, and it's a good moral stand to take.  But either way, I'm glad that the other side of the coin is being shown here.

Lying Foo

Also, hey, Fox Bandit got an appearance in DHS. As someone who, as I mentioned in the last DLR thread, the comic adaptation has caused me to grow an inexplicable liking for I hope she doesn't end up as some sort of reverse Jirra Boomer.

Bandits do have a considerably higher life expectancy on LaRaGa...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Meany on February 08, 2018, 12:14:46 AM
It's a thing I really started to notice with To Catch a Demon, but the PF verse's anti-death penalty bend sometimes gets in the way of telling a compelling story.  It's completely understandable why, and it's a good moral stand to take.  But either way, I'm glad that the other side of the coin is being shown here.

Heh, I was starting to worry that that was getting a little shrill.  I'm hoping that the next story I write will be a bit less death-oriented, but that does depend on coming up with a sufficiently interesting concept.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E