Fanfic Discussion [DMFA & Others]

Started by Meany, February 06, 2018, 01:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meany

Hello, all!  Importing an idea that I've seen on other forums - a fanfic discussion thread.  The purpose of these threads are to propose ideas for fanfics, which an author can then take up and start writing for.  Or, if you wish you can further examine a prompt, adding onto it before moving it to its own thread.

If you do pick up what someone else is laying down, giving credit to the original prompter is appreciated but not strictly necessary.  If you post a fic idea here, it's free for anyone to grab.  Heck, multiple people could grab the same one and compete with each other to write the better story.  That'd be fun to watch.

As the OP here, I will make a donation of the ideas I was tossing around before starting my current DMFA fic.

• Woe Now:  The idea here is that, Siar's clan dies en masse to Hizell and his allies.  But Siar doesn't.  Through the arrival of other tri-wings, her own guile, or a plot by Hizell - she gets out of the fight alive.  Aniz's motivation to increase his clan's power then becomes driven by Siar hounding him on the subject, rather than a shattered psyche.
  • A nerd in King Abel's court:  Jyrras is an incredibly smart person, but he has awful luck.  He's invented guns, robots, and sentient gum.  Unfortunately he's also invented time travel, and finds himself in Zinvth nearly four hundred years in the past.
  • I'd Ship That: A story within a story - the sequel to San Wilder's hit story, Janus Bond vs Dr. Jyrras, following the Dr.'s next attempt at world domination, all while fending off both secret agents and a new competitor in the field of villainy: the mysterious L'abel.