Lemme just squeeze in here

Started by kerisu, January 25, 2018, 02:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerisu

Hey so I'm new here, my name is Kerisu, and I love drawing and roleplaying, so I'll likely be hanging out in those boards...

Tapewolf

Quote from: kerisu on January 25, 2018, 02:19:44 PM
Hey so I'm new here, my name is Kerisu, and I love drawing and roleplaying, so I'll likely be hanging out in those boards...

Welcome aboard!  Don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so.
So, are you here for DMFA, or other things besides?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

kerisu

Just DMFA, I'm afraid. I do have a question, though... whenever I try to change my avatar, it says the changes are saved, but it immediately reverts back to "no avatar", do you know what's up with that?

Tapewolf

Quote from: kerisu on January 25, 2018, 02:51:51 PM
Just DMFA, I'm afraid. I do have a question, though... whenever I try to change my avatar, it says the changes are saved, but it immediately reverts back to "no avatar", do you know what's up with that?

Is the image bigger than 175x175?  Are you actually linking to the raw image, or a webpage which has the image on it?

If the answer to both of those is 'no', try posting the link here and I'll see if I can figure out what's gone wrong.

kerisu

Thank you for your help, I've been trying to use images that are 150x150 or smaller, hosted on imgur, if that makes a difference...
Here's one of them...
https://i.imgur.com/YOhvMgG.png

Tapewolf

Hmm, it seems to work inline:

I'd guess it's something imgur is doing to prevent it working.  Is there anywhere else you can host it?

kerisu

So I tried another hosting site and got the same issue. You see what happens is, I'll put my avatar url in like so
screenshot
and as soon as I click the "change profile button, the page looks like this:
screenshot
with the personalized picture reverted to the "no avatar" option, and the url removed.

ZacAttac21

Welcome, my son... tooo the machiiiiiiiiine~

Tapewolf

Quote from: kerisu on January 25, 2018, 05:57:40 PM
So I tried another hosting site and got the same issue. You see what happens is, I'll put my avatar url in like so
screenshot
and as soon as I click the "change profile button, the page looks like this:
screenshot
with the personalized picture reverted to the "no avatar" option, and the url removed.

Try with this URL:  http://projectfuturecomic.com/stuff/kerisu.png

kerisu

heh, that worked, as you can see. Thank you!

Tapewolf

Quote from: kerisu on January 25, 2018, 07:34:10 PM
heh, that worked, as you can see. Thank you!

Good that it works, but annoying that nobody seems to have a site that serves raw images anymore...

kerisu

yeah, but at least the hosts I usually use still work for posting images in the body of posts...

Dishonored

Nobody was going to warn him about the box?
Welcome! Enjoy yourself, and avoid people bearing gifts, boxes, and people bearing boxes.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

kerisu

You mean to tell me this ticking box might not be a new clock?

Dishonored

Oh, that's probably safe...ish. It'll definitely give you one good wake-up call.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

ZacAttac21

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: kerisu on January 27, 2018, 01:54:19 AM
You mean to tell me this ticking box might not be a new clock?

Of course it's just a new clock. Keep telling yourself that. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears