2018-01-23 [DLR 10-01] Old McDaryil Had a Farm

Started by ZacAttac21, January 23, 2018, 11:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttac21

With a 'Cubi here and a 'Cubi there~

Here a 'Cubi, there a 'Cubi, everywhere a 'Cubi-'Cubi~

Puyon

I cant believe these dumb Cubi formed an all Cubi party without realizing it. How did none of them pick up sooner, I wonder? I know the acts and disguises all help but mindshields wouldn't tip them off just a little bit?
...By Puyon

Merlin

Seems not unusual for adventurers to have mindshields I think

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on January 24, 2018, 01:03:15 AM
I cant believe these dumb Cubi formed an all Cubi party without realizing it. How did none of them pick up sooner, I wonder? I know the acts and disguises all help but mindshields wouldn't tip them off just a little bit?

Depends how it's done.  Someone not having a mind would be suspicious, but not overly so - if we have a situation where 'Cubi are less underground, the market is liable to be flooded with anti-thought-reading charms.  But a more advanced charm could present itself as the sort of mind-fuzzing tricks that Dan was taught during adventuring school.
The thing is, if you're in a group of what's effectively racist vigilantes, who are constantly burbling about how evil 'cubi are, asking them why they have a mind-shield is likely to cost you your head.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

Starting to experience plot twist fatigue here.

So to recap, the rogue is a cubi, pretending to be a half demon, the wizard is a master thief cubi pretending to be a being, the fighter is a a cubi pretending to a being, the berserker is a terrible person (cubi) pretending to be another terrible person (being) and the bandit is a terrified being. The healer is currently a mystery, although I'm being to suspect he is in fact Daryl, given that he referred to the hypothetical captain of the guard as 'handsome, buff' which seems like unnecessary detail* and the fact screwing with everyone like this seems to be the kind of thing he would consider fun.

*Yes, he could just be gay/bi-sexual.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Colour is up.  Cookie for the first person to find Amanti's prior appearance.

WhyNot?

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 24, 2018, 02:32:59 PM

It's the guy Reeves pictures when he talks about soul-stealing kisses isn't it?

ZacAttac21

I still got nothing. :<

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhyNot? on January 24, 2018, 03:28:34 PM

I couldn't find a cookie, but there is this:   :bun 

Originally he was supposed to be a husky.  But when Merlin drew the evil soul-stealy guy I decided he'd be a perfect fit.  Merlin has an unfortunate knack for making one-off bad guys look cool.
An even later change which occurred was that Puyon said they missed Sven's beefiness after the line-art went out.  I figured that if Amanti has been living as an adventurer he actually would be quite buff in his sword-arms so that got changed too.

MT Hazard

Um, I'm seeing a colour preview but not a colour strip...

Edit: never mind, just had to refresh a few times.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

ZacAttac21

Quote from: WhyNot? on January 24, 2018, 03:28:34 PM

Sunnuvagun, I really had to dig to find that. How the heck did you remember that!? :U

WhyNot?

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 24, 2018, 04:05:55 PM
I couldn't find a cookie, but there is this:   :bun 

Originally he was supposed to be a husky.  But when Merlin drew the evil soul-stealy guy I decided he be a perfect fit.  Merlin has an unfortunate knack for making one-off bad guys look cool.

I was wondering why I, having read the story, had him pictured as some sort of canine. I thought I must've assumed it due to this being PF. That's the beauty of adaptation I guess. I know that, to me personally, the adaptation of DLR took a character who, whilst the idea had potential that interested me but ended up not being explored, and through design, expressions and such made her kinda cute and oddly endearing.

Quote from: CubiKitsune on January 24, 2018, 05:25:50 PM
Sunnuvagun, I really had to dig to find that. How the heck did you remember that!? :U

Something, I'm not sure what, made me think that his earlier appearance was also within DLR specifically, not the PF-verse in general, so I just tried to think of any time a Cubi showed up that wasn't part of the established cast and I'm pretty sure that was the only one. I didn't actually recognize him as such, just remembered the framing of the scene.

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhyNot? on January 24, 2018, 07:13:52 PM
I was wondering why I, having read the story, had him pictured as some sort of canine. I thought I must've assumed it due to this being PF. That's the beauty of adaptation I guess. I know that, to me personally, the adaptation of DLR took a character who, whilst the idea had potential that interested me but ended up not being explored, and through design, expressions and such made them kinda cute and oddly endearing.

It is nice to be able to make fixes and cleanups.  And yes, putting it into a more visual form can change things.  Having Sven randomly murder someone in print is more amusing than actually seeing it happen, it can put things into perspective.

Something, I'm not sure what, made me think that his earlier appearance was also within DLR specifically, not the PF-verse in general, so I just tried to think of any time a Cubi showed up that wasn't part of the established cast and I'm pretty sure that was the only one. I didn't actually recognize him as such, just remembered the framing of the scene.

Yeah, expecting people to cross index the comics to that degree would be cruel.  I suppose I kind of did that with Jason, mind.  With Amanti it's more the sort of thing you'd get by rereading the archives.