Started by Merlin, January 09, 2018, 07:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Always love a good demonic surname.

Spot the neopets reference in today's page and win a cookie  :mowcookie

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on January 09, 2018, 07:13:19 PM
Always love a good demonic surname.

Hopefully one day we'll have more named Demons in DMFA to extrapolate surnames from.

EDIT: I'll have to get some art done of Yvonne sometime.  She also deserves more stories.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

Could anyone in this party not a cubi please raise their hand?

Also for a cubi clan whose members are  frequently forced to be homosexual* clan daryil seems to be breeding like rabbits.

*Another reason why I don't like Daryil.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 10, 2018, 06:09:48 AM
Also for a cubi clan whose members are  frequently forced to be homosexual* clan daryil seems to be breeding like rabbits.

Actually, since the ascension at least, most of them are bi.  Which is not unusual for 'Cubi.
The Project Future stories have reached a point like DMFA where some of the really early stuff is getting a bit creaky becoming flexi-canon.  In a way it's a good thing that most of the CJP stuff was never comicked because it gives me an opportunity to revise some of it.

Eboreg

I think it's more of an instinct where if there's too much Daryil, they go gay and if there's not enough Daryil, they go straight.

Perfectly acceptable in my book and I'm a Christian nut.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 10, 2018, 06:43:30 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 10, 2018, 06:09:48 AM

Actually, since the ascension at least, most of them are bi.  Which is not unusual for 'Cubi.

Quote from: Eboreg on January 10, 2018, 06:52:52 AM
I think it's more of an instinct where if there's too much Daryil, they go gay and if there's not enough Daryil, they go straight.

Perfectly acceptable in my book and I'm a Christian nut.

Still, I imagine some of the clan have divided opinions on how okay they should be with this. My clan trait gives me extra wing tentacles, fine, my clan trait gives me green eyes, fine, my clan trait messes with my sexuality, hmm, not sure how I should feel about that...
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 10, 2018, 07:00:04 AM
Still, I imagine some of the clan have divided opinions on how okay they should be with this. My clan trait gives me extra wing tentacles, fine, my clan trait gives me green eyes, fine, my clan trait messes with my sexuality, hmm, not sure how I should feel about that...

That happens anyway with the emotional affinities.  Dan didn't exactly choose to join the sadist clan ,and Abel's effectively programmed to thrive on misery, which he's not exactly pleased about.  IIRC Amber said that the clan affinities tend to shape who you are as you grow up, so having a trait that does the same is no real stretch.  If you abruptly join the clan somehow, that's going to be a bit more of a shock.  Even so I'd expect it to gradually alter who you are - and it's not like that stays exactly the same anyway, even for humans.

It's perhaps worth keeping in mind that they tend to have a degree of separation between sex for pleasure and for reproduction - Daryil going after Lisa, for instance.  As the Tenets says, romping with fellow clan-mates is all very well, but getting one of them pregnant is considered bad form.

I sometimes worry that my Creature characters have a social system a bit too much like Western civilisation, given that they're Creatures with longer lives, different needs and a somewhat different psychology to us.  The outlandish dress sense is supposed to be a symptom of those differences (even in DMFA it's considered canon that 'Cubi dress strangely to provoke emotional reactions) but sexuality is also a place where such things become more obvious, i.e. who you have a child with is not necessarily the same person or gender as who you bang for fun/company.  Jason having a different mother to Illiath but the same father is one example, or Daryil doing what would be considered infidelity here.  'Cubi just don't think quite the same as us or Beings, and have different social mores as a result.

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 10, 2018, 06:03:34 AM
EDIT: I'll have to get some art done of Yvonne sometime.  She also deserves more stories.

HELLO,,

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 10, 2018, 07:37:38 AM
It's perhaps worth keeping in mind that they tend to have a degree of separation between sex for pleasure and for reproduction - Daryil going after Lisa, for instance.  As the Tenets says, romping with fellow clan-mates is all very well, but getting one of them pregnant is considered bad form.

... particularly if you're both guys (or girls) and that's theoretically not possible. -.-
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears