Passing of Family

Started by Dishonored, December 02, 2017, 03:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dishonored

I found out today that my grandmother, last of my grandparents, died in her sleep yesterday at the age of 102.

She was the only one of my grandparents that treated me as a person and not something to be scraped off their shoes.

Although I was unable to spend as much time with her as I would have liked, I learned much from her. She taught me that kindness can often carry you farther, that good can come from even bad things, and a deep, abiding love of roses. She never lost her sunny outlook no matter what came to her.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

ZacAttac21

I'm sorry to hear that, Dishonored. But dang, 102 years!? :U

Dishonored

Thank you. And yeah, she was the first one on either side of my family to die of old age in at least three generations.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

Tapewolf

My condolences.  102 is good innings, though!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dishonored

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 03, 2017, 11:30:58 AM
My condolences.  102 is good innings, though!

Thank you. It's been discussed around the family that all the grumpy bastards didn't live past their 80's, but my sweet, kind grandmother lived that long. There's a lesson for kindness.

ZacAttac21

"All the grumpy bastards didn't live past their 80's." LOL, they must've been some real humbugs!

Dishonored

My paternal grandfather said if it wasn't for him, God wouldn't exist. My maternal grandfather told me on my 12th birthday that I was a mistake that should never have been born. And my maternal grandmother told me, while I was recovering from a car crash that nearly killed me, that it was a pity I survived.

Fun folks, huh?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Wow. I'm sorry to have missed this, and I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you're feeling somewhat better now, though. >.>
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dishonored

I miss her, but I know she went peacefully, with no pain, and in her right mind, so I'm handling it. Thank you.

Alondro

My great-great-great aunt on my mom's side died last spring at the age of 105.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif