Dolphin Olympics (Aka the most addictive flash game on the internet)

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, September 20, 2006, 02:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune Ascendant

http://www.rawkins.com/games/do/index.html

two minutes to rack up as many tricks as you can.

it's so simple, yet so addictive. Here's a link to my best score
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Aridas

Those instructions didn't explain the game very well. I didn't know how to do.. well... anything.

Rowne

Oh dear, it's Ecco meets Tony Hawks.

I got how to play it but having played Ecco on the Mega Drive (or Genesis, if you prefer) is a bit of a nessescary requirement.  Even if you have played it, if the game doesn't make sense, go back and play it again.

Basically, what you have to do is drive your Dolphin around in the water a bit until it looks like you have some kind of speed, break the water and hold left or right to try to get backflips, front flips, double-flips and so on, make your Dolphin do cartwheels once you've got him up a good height.  Then as he's coming back down, spin him so that his nose is facing the water for a 'good entry' bonus.

What it really makes me want to do though is play Ecco again, especially the ridiculously hard Dreamcast version.  I'm such a masochist.  *Sigh.*

Oh, two amusing things of note, the name of that game certain makes for grand "The hell?" value when it comes to topic titles (I wasn't sure what to make of the title when I first read it) and secondly, I'm surprised that they used Ecco sprite-rips considering how Ecco-like it already is.

----

Oh and it is really quite a decent game, nice test of skill and all that.

Aridas

Well, there's more to it than that, obviously... There's a few things I didn't do, and i'm quite a lot of points behind Kitsune, which means i'm not doing all there is to do in the game... despite the controls saying otherwise.

Zedd

Kitsune Ascendant

heh. there's a little trick to get extra height. I'll wait a little to see if anyone else discovers it.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

insanekaosx

quite fun >> I have discovered two ways to get more speed and higher jumps, they may or may not be the same as yours.

high score is 21809. so far. Thus, I still must be missing somethign here

Edit> 47216. Doubled my old score now >> I like how this is going

Kitsune Ascendant

Quote from: insanekaosx on September 20, 2006, 05:30:39 PM
quite fun >> I have discovered two ways to get more speed and higher jumps, they may or may not be the same as yours.

have you reached mars yet? just curious.

insanekaosx

Quote from: Kitsune Ascendant on September 20, 2006, 05:42:08 PM
Quote from: insanekaosx on September 20, 2006, 05:30:39 PM

have you reached mars yet? just curious.

I have yet to reach Mars, but I just got a Hail Mary! and seen fireworks. 185572 is my new high score

bill

insanekaosx

I've now hit the moon. And the 'Celebration' points

I had one massive combo that was likie... .half of my total points. high score :509890

Kitsune Ascendant

up to 13 million now. I'll give you two hints:
the trick for uber height and speed involves the tailslide
if you have a good combo going (x10 or higher) and you've at least gotten a mission to mars, make your last trick a tailslide

xHaZxMaTx

How do you do a tail side?

-EDIT-
Holy crap, it made Firefox crash! D:

insanekaosx

I had the idea that tailslides were helping me get higher a bit, but never really tested it.

The "how to play" has how to do a tailslide

Zedd