Etherium (IC Thread)

Started by Aisha deCabre, September 07, 2017, 01:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aisha deCabre

The City of Etherium, in the heart of the Great Plains, is like no place you've ever seen before; and especially in this festive week.  Never in any place on Earth have people from every shape and magical affinity and walk of life come together in one place, a place that has been legendary for providing a sanctuary for every being, human or no.

It is the start of autumn and the harvest holidays, and despite the cool weather, the sky has been clear and the air crisp, alight with life.  From the bustling, tall buildings of the central hub to the furthest parts of every district (even the Vampire and Zombie ones!) you could hear music and revelry, all day and all night.  You were surprised to see people that were rarely ever seen in this part of the world, from the Catfolk to the Gnolls, perusing the streets with only curious glances cast their way.  The Council even seemed to provide several entourages of nobles from faraway lands, including groups of Dragons in their winged and scaled finery in mixed heritages of fire and ice, with the warmest of welcomes.

A number of you have been in the midst of these celebrations; whether you've been cooped up in your jobs or at home, or whether you've been right in the middle of the celebrating in the streets of all the districts--even just coming for the first time to see what the fuss with this city was all about--there was at least always something to eat or drink nearby, or things to listen to, with music strumming every which way.  You'd think the entire city, a labyrinthine thing of concrete and machines, given life only by its people, was breathing.

Your night didn't go as planned, however.  During one evening on the second-last day of the festivities, each of you was suddenly knocked out cold, your food and drinks having been drugged with something fast-acting; if you hear anything before going under, it comes with the hushed voices of people closing around you and muttering something about "...the reports..." and "...just to be safe...".

And so now, you are starting to wake up slowly, together, and surely in a vastly different place than you were before; there is no music or crowd or life.  Just silence.  It is pitch black at the moment, and you can see nothing, but you can certainly hear the sounds of others rousing with you, painfully groaning.  The thoughts that flow through your mind are muddled, but you all surely think the same thing, and you can hear it out of the growling words of one: "Where...the HELL...am I?"
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Qwex1

How am i supposed to know. It's pitch black in here!
hsrthgelfszz*lo ttsvqxzm*hndfjerlnbcre!

Sprocketsdance

"Hey! Who are you? What've you done???"
Dawn sat up and rubbed her face, though that was hard to do without being able to see anything, and her head was spinning a bit. She was highly grumpy and wanted to give whoever did this a piece of her mind. Surely, the captor wouldn't keep themselves in the same dark room as she was waking up in, but give her a break - she was just waking up. And if someone was forming words before she could, then maybe they knew more about what was going on than she did.

Aisha deCabre

More than a little grouchy herself, Sarada suppresses a growl as she focuses on moving around, trying to get a sense of the room with her hands out in front of her (before she explores other options of sensing the room).  She knows at least that there are two individuals with her, though she doesn't yet know their natures.  For now, she suspects human (or partly human, like herself).  "If you're talking to me, uh...Madam...I didn't do nothin'," she says with a bit of forced calm.  "I'm a cop; if I'm taking people in, I don't go in with 'em."  She sighs, crossing her arms and facing in the general direction of the voices.  "And I don't throw 'em in dark pits."

Indeed, the room that you find yourselves in seems to be more a pit if you listen to the surroundings, though beneath Sarada's boots there is a floor of some sort of stone.  There isn't much noise, aside from the occasional drip of water.  "Crap, I'd light up this place if I could," Sarada muttered, patting herself...and suddenly feeling alarmed.  "Oh NO...my weapons!"

In fact, if any of you do feel, you notice that everything you have is missing too (except of course, the clothes you wear).  Also, anyone who might've been in a human Glamour is no longer.

"Okay, okay..." Sarada can be heard pacing, trying to think.  "Alright, well, who are YOU guys?" she decided to ask in lieu of standing and worrying, getting nowhere.  "If you don't know, and I don't know, then it's safe to say we're all victims here together."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Sprocketsdance

"Uhhh... I'm... I'm Dawn." She replied, calming down a bit more after hearing from someone else. Also, silly her, she knew a bit of light magic, so she drew in her focus and tried to make it not quite so dark in here. Perhaps seeing what options they had might help them get out of this predicament, and at least more familiar with each other. Her mind must be starting to settle after being so rudely dropped in here by.. whomever.

Slowly, a feint ball of light appeared, hovering over the palm of her hand and she lifted it up so the rays would stretch out - so that everyone could be seen (and a bit of their surroundings).