9/20/06- FLOSSING CHRIST WE KNOW WHAT HE IS NOW!

Started by Boog, September 19, 2006, 08:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

Well, I was thinking he was half-dragon until Amber revealed the truth. He still looks cute in his dragon form. :)

Now... did he even get to talk to Abel brfore the fight began, or did Abel react to his presence with a threat immediately?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

chaotik

personally, I'm less concerned with pyroduck's being a dragon than I am with the fact that he's apparently about to force Abel to participate in WIldy's mad, humiliating little scheme.

Kaerou

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

Azlan

Pyroduck is an older Furcadia character then when dragons were available there.  Ducky always told me he was half-dragon, but he would never say what the other half was.

Amber's character version would appear to be a full on one... surprised more people didn't guess he had dragon heritage... just by the wings she adds on to him...

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Regal

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on September 19, 2006, 11:01:54 PM
Dragon?! I would never guessed that.

Anyway, what dose the "duck" part in pyroduck's name supposed ta be? That part in his name completely threw me off in guessing he's a dragon. And all this time I thought he was a fire cubi . . .

:U "It's Pyro!"
:U   "Duck!"

Azlan

The origin of the name Pyroduck is something only Ducky's own owner knows... I think I inquired about it in the hopes that it was not some ebil pokemon thing...

Taross

Quote from: Amber Panyko on September 20, 2006, 01:50:14 AM
Quote from: Rowne on September 20, 2006, 01:27:26 AM
Plus, it lacks the golden eyes that apparently all Dragons have.

Not All

Though yes, the creature in SAIA was a Mythos and not a Dragon.

I knew there were more supposed to be running ariound in SAIA.

thegayhare

I wonder if the only dragons in the world of furrrea are these western dragons.

*bounces*

ITOS

Page four already? D:

What is left for me to say? :< Has anyone mentioned that the gold band is still on his tail?
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Gabi

Not before you did, but of course it is! He never parts with it.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

ITOS

Quote from: Gabi on September 20, 2006, 10:54:09 AM
but of course it is!

I just get the feeling that Amber made sure it got in the frame. I don't know, it just feels like that gold thing is important somehow... :meh
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Teroniss

Quote from: Rowne on September 20, 2006, 04:23:22 AM
I can't help but agree, Sil.  Pyro's Dragon form is as adorable as his Dog form, I'm also glad he hadn't jumped on the Cubi bandwagon.  Cubi Pyro would seem ... odd.  At least to me, for reasons which I cannot discern.

As for the golden eyes thing, I took that from Teroniss whom I'd assumed had read it somewhere official.  I should stop taking everything at face value.  <.<

I didnt exactly read it somewhere as much as observed it. Every time we see pictures of a dragon, theyve ad golden eyes. Now true up to this point we've only seen 3 dragons: Unnamed Red, Balorie, and Pyro, but they all had gold eyes, so its safe to guess that dragons generally have gold eyes.

Drake Manaweilder

Maby Abel dosen't like Pyro because he's disguised as a being for the most part.. he's living a completelty different life than what a regular dragon would.. then again, if that's the case, he overreacted to Pyro with the whole "you have 5 seconds" line...

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Cvstos

Abel has quite the fight on his hands.  Dragons, in any universe, are tough, unless you have the right equipment to deal with them.  And in some universes, such equipment is extremely rare/expensive/both.

Even in the RPG I play with my friends, dragons are... stupidly powerful.  Taking one on as Abel is doing would be suicide unless you're a mage of the highest order.  You really need military hardware (like a heavy tank or, even better, warship), and even then unless you're in a destroyer or better you really want that first strike or you may be in serious trouble.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drake Manaweilder on September 20, 2006, 12:00:25 PM
Maby Abel dosen't like Pyro because he's disguised as a being for the most part.. he's living a completelty different life than what a regular dragon would.. then again, if that's the case, he overreacted to Pyro with the whole "you have 5 seconds" line...

Well, we don't know for sure, but I thought he disliked 'cubi that did that because it was kind of misusing their heritage.  Besides, Pyro doesn't make a very good Being with those wings, as Abel well knows from his own childhood (i.e. Devin throwing rocks at the winged demon-boy).
All he's really succeeded in doing is obfuscating what he his - but seems pretty obvious to me that he is/was either a Creature or a Being pretending to be a Creature.

And as you say, it's a profound overreaction.  He might not have told Dan how to hide his headwings if he felt that strongly about it.

Cvstos, it's pretty obvious that Abel has lost the fight.  If I were Pyro right now, I'd sit on him (as he is now doing) until he calmed down.  They'll probably work out some kind of truce, if only for the purpose of rescuing Alexsi.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cvstos

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 20, 2006, 12:36:52 PM
Quote from: Drake Manaweilder on September 20, 2006, 12:00:25 PM

Well, we don't know for sure, but I thought he disliked 'cubi that did that because it was kind of misusing their heritage.  Besides, Pyro doesn't make a very good Being with those wings, as Abel well knows from his own childhood (i.e. Devin throwing rocks at the winged demon-boy).
All he's really succeeded in doing is obfuscating what he his - but seems pretty obvious to me that he is/was either a Creature or a Being pretending to be a Creature.

And as you say, it's a profound overreaction.  He might not have told Dan how to hide his headwings if he felt that strongly about it.

Cvstos, it's pretty obvious that Abel has lost the fight.  If I were Pyro right now, I'd sit on him (as he is now doing) until he calmed down.  They'll probably work out some kind of truce, if only for the purpose of rescuing Alexsi.

There are possible solutions to getting out from under Pyroduck, though which is readily available and which will work more or less depends on the extent of Abel's abilities and the relative power of dragons in Amber's universe.  I mean, he can set himself on fire.  If he can do that, and move through mirrors, he might just be capable of doing something to get away, again depending on the rules of Amber's universe. 

It's also dependent on Abel thinking clear enough to think of them.  Hate can cloud the mind, and Abel is expressing a lot of it right now.  ;)

I wonder if Daffy will remember that he can fly... *WHAM!*  Nope, I guess not. -Bugs Bunny 
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Aridas

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Cvstos on September 20, 2006, 12:41:34 PM
There are possible solutions to getting out from under Pyroduck, though which is readily available and which will work more or less depends on the extent of Abel's abilities and the relative power of dragons in Amber's universe.  I mean, he can set himself on fire.  If he can do that, and move through mirrors, he might just be capable of doing something to get away, again depending on the rules of Amber's universe. 

Piffle. According to the demo 101 page he has an impenetrable hide. I would expect that to be fireproof, or, at the very least, very resistant to fire attacks.

And Abel, last we saw, needed a can of gasoline and a match to set himself on fire. Sure, he can cast some fire spells, but I bet that a) he knows they won't have much effect, even assuming Pyro doesn't cast some sort of magical defence (and Pyroduck being calm, his defences are likely to be a lot more solid than any attack Abel can bring on) and b) he's not too fussed about the room and collateral damage - which Alexsi would kill him for, once she got back.

I'd say neither of them wants to upset Alexsi - even if Pyro can basically shrug off anything Alexsi did, it'd ruin any chances of him dating her, right? - so, as Aridas points out, property damage is kinda important to avoid.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kaerou

Quote from: Xze-Xze on September 20, 2006, 12:54:20 PM
Abel could always turn into a bigger draggy =3

I'm not sure if Cubi' can turn into tings that arent humanoid.. of course, i could be wrong.

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

Cvstos

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 20, 2006, 01:09:37 PM
Quote from: Cvstos on September 20, 2006, 12:41:34 PM

Piffle. According to the demo 101 page he has an impenetrable hide. I would expect that to be fireproof, or, at the very least, very resistant to fire attacks.

And Abel, last we saw, needed a can of gasoline and a match to set himself on fire. Sure, he can cast some fire spells, but I bet that a) he knows they won't have much effect, even assuming Pyro doesn't cast some sort of magical defence (and Pyroduck being calm, his defences are likely to be a lot more solid than any attack Abel can bring on) and b) he's not too fussed about the room and collateral damage - which Alexsi would kill him for, once she got back.

I'd say neither of them wants to upset Alexsi - even if Pyro can basically shrug off anything Alexsi did, it'd ruin any chances of him dating her, right? - so, as Aridas points out, property damage is kinda important to avoid.

Doesn't mean he lacks other tricks.  Those whole move-through-mirrors thing implies some ability to move through solid matter - which would be just the ticket here.  It could be just mirrors, it might not be.  That much was never defined.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kaerou on September 20, 2006, 01:17:36 PM
Quote from: Xze-Xze on September 20, 2006, 12:54:20 PM
Abel could always turn into a bigger draggy =3

I'm not sure if Cubi' can turn into things that arent humanoid.. of course, I could be wrong.

Aary turned herself into a poodle, but that might have been an exaggeration for the purposes of humour.  I don't think there are any other examples of that..

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Nikki

Quote from: Demo. 101Strengths: Cubi are the masters of altering their physical appearance

Manawolf

Be glad there are no war trolls in Furrae (or trolls of any sort for that matter).  Nasty regenerative little buggers.

KarlOmega1

I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Azlan

Azlan

Let me restate that... Pyro is trying to make an impression on Abel.  >:3

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Cvstos on September 20, 2006, 12:33:37 PM
Abel has quite the fight on his hands.  Dragons, in any universe, are tough, unless you have the right equipment to deal with them.  And in some universes, such equipment is extremely rare/expensive/both.

Even in the RPG I play with my friends, dragons are... stupidly powerful.  Taking one on as Abel is doing would be suicide unless you're a mage of the highest order.  You really need military hardware (like a heavy tank or, even better, warship), and even then unless you're in a destroyer or better you really want that first strike or you may be in serious trouble.
ninja gaiden on X-Box has a dragon, and you beat him up only with a sword (the dabilahro normally being a better choice)  >:3. taking on larger enemies sounds standard for someone who can weild swords bigger than himself. Dunno if so applies to to furrae as well (but apparently not)
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.