[Art] Tony's Artistic Flounderings - ["Devoid" Update - Page 8! 04/12/2017]

Started by Tony, February 20, 2017, 09:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Hello!

I... am pretty sure I had an art topic once upon a time, but, stumbling through several pages of archived posts didn't turn anything up, so, I apologize if I missed anything obvious. However, this is probably a good thing. "New Beginnings", and all that.

Seems a good idea to start things off with my two current 'bests'.

---

My first picture that I did after taking some lessons in proper colour and shade. :V Frankly, I am still quit proud of this one, and I hope I can do art as clean as this in my future projects.

---

Annnd a cover page for the first chapter in my comic hopeful, "Devoid". I already have a few pages available on my galleries, and on Tapastic (until proper hosting is secured elsewhere), and when I can get more time under my belt, I want to pour some focus into this thing. I have a huge story drummed out and everything. Exciting!

---

In the meantime, that's all for the time being. I have a lot of artsy plans involving comickings, patreon, possibly working on concepts for a game, and all kinds of stuff like that. I am very ambitious, but, juggling my ambitions with my need to stay afloat w/ my actual job and bills and stuff is very difficult, so, it'll take some doing.

Anywho, I appreciate you viewing - More updates in the future, I wager.

Tapewolf

I'm not seeing the images - probably FA is doing something to prevent them being embedded in forums.  Might be better to put the links to the stuff on FA anyway... I'm not sure I want to have it making requests to furaffinity.net while I'm at work - especially as it's possible to bypass the maturity filters that way...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tony

Images appeared on my side.. But I guess I'll correct that - thanks for letting me know!

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

Tony

I wanted to take a brief moment to also highlight a couple of comics I'm actually working on, in the hopes that they can become something cool in the long-term for people to enjoy, though I have a very long way to go.

--

At Least We Have Cookies

https://tapastic.com/episode/439718

At Least We Have Cookies - or as originally penned, "Hybrid Cookie" (Not very good, really) - Is my aim to create a sort of more "casual" world and storytelling environment where I can showcase my standard OCs, interacting, having little adventures, living their lives, whatever the need calls for. Frankly, this was originally going to be a gag-a-day setup, but that didn't pan out very well because I realized making jokes every major update was going to be taxing and hard to do, and it didn't feel particularly natural with these characters. So, Slice-of-Life seemed the best route to take.

The story will follow my characters Tony (the hybrid kitty-doggy creature thing - that is also my avatar!), and roommate Silvia, slightly cynical sarcastic wolf creature, as they go about their business and learn about... life, I suppose? In this continuity, Tony's still back-and-forth with school, Silvia's learning how to manage personal businesses and meet with new people, and there are other characters soon to be introduced that may help or hamper them in various instances. Mostly an excuse to see how everyone bounces off one another. I don't know how far I want to take this one, but, time will tell! Currently three pages in, working on a fourth.

Devoid is basically the story I'm far more focused on. This is my long-term Adventure story, with a tale I've been talking about and planning since high school, revamping, refining, polishing, all that good stuff. I don't want to get too far into spoiler territory, because story is pretty valuable for this one, BUT, a mild synopsis;

The story follows the adventures of an unfortunate doggy girl by the name of "Meryl", who finds herself in an unfortunate situation that suggests that she, herself, is no longer a part of the living world. After discovering that she was not supposed to expire just yet, she makes it a point to pursue a means to rectify an obvious mistake and return to the land of the living, a mission that will be hindered and obstructed practically every step of the way as she faces off against various powerful foes and enemies that seek to destroy her, contain her, or use her for their own means and ambitions in the afterlife. This is a story that I want to work on for many years to come, I wanna make it a big deal, but there's still a long way to go before that happens.

Currently also three pages in, I've been working on finalizing and polishing the next page the past couple of weekends, and I have several others thumbnailed and ready to get properly sketched out.

---

The links I provided will bring you to the Tapastic pages I've set up for them, and you are free to subscribe to the comics there if you want an easy way to keep an eye on progress and updates! However, I will also post them here for the easiness's sake once a page has been up for a couple of days on that side.

(A thought that it would be *wonderful* to have my own little discussion board to see peoples' thoughts and inputs on current happenings in my stories, but, I will not be able to achieve that goal for a while, so, it'll just be in this art topic for now until I have enough cred under my belt to make a proper case for it. A goal to strive for, I guess!)

For now, if you guys take a peek at what's currently there and want to share your thoughts, please do so - I hope these are interesting enough to warrant your attention!!

Merlin

Nice!! I really love those man, thanks or sharing them. The background in that first cell in the first page you posted looks amazing

Tony

Tony

And then, a bonus page for this week because I got excited and wanted to play catch-up.

Page 5 of Devoid! https://tapastic.com/episode/628085

Tony

So, whoops! I... forgot to post when I updated the comic last time. Fear not, here's what we got so far (two pages to catch up! yay!)

You can view Page 6 here: https://tapastic.com/episode/634331

You can view Page 7 here: https://tapastic.com/episode/652497

More to come soon. I hope you enjoy!

Tony

WhiteFox

ooh, some really nice comic pages here. Are you looking for/open to critique/constructive comments?
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...