2017-01-30 DMFA #1728 - Straight to the Point

Started by Cassi-kun, January 30, 2017, 05:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi-kun

I get the feeling Abel would rather not have this conversation in public, but it's hiiighly unlikely this conversation would even happen if not for Wildy "encouraging" it to, and that he doesn't want to put up with whatever she comes up with if this tactic fails.

Frankly I'm surprised she hasn't just physically thrown them at each other yet, anyway. Which may be what Abel is trying to prevent.

Assuming this doesn't blow up - figuratively or literally - I expect the person to be happiest about it all will be... Mink. Mink would go supernova at the idea of Abel having someone special.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Lying Foo

Hmm... what that word I'm looking for... oh yes...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: Cassi-kun on January 30, 2017, 05:31:55 AM
I get the feeling Abel would rather not have this conversation in public, but it's hiiighly unlikely this conversation would even happen if not for Wildy "encouraging" it to, and that he doesn't want to put up with whatever she comes up with if this tactic fails.

Frankly I'm surprised she hasn't just physically thrown them at each other yet, anyway. Which may be what Abel is trying to prevent.

Nobody tell Wildy about that duct tape Jyrras invented! She would tape him and Abel together until they were a couple!

Wait... why am I against this?!?

Tapewolf

They would make quite a cute couple.  Breaking Jy's Batchelor-of-the-year status would be dangerous, mind.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 30, 2017, 06:22:42 AM
They would make quite a cute couple.  Breaking Jy's Batchelor-of-the-year status would be dangerous, mind.
The cutest!

I think it would just disqualify him from winning again - if they can announce it without consulting him, it seems pretty unfair to dictate the terms of the prize AFTER telling him he won. Though it was only meant as a delay tactic to begin with...

Yarott

Makes me wonder if any random characters would fight Abel later over Jyrras' hand, thanks to the Bachelor of the Year status being dispelled. Then again, I do not think the competition was that big on proactivity while he was/is still a famous Bachelor. Unless, of course, his followers were just waiting for someone to do the first hit, so that they later pounce on that person. Would demons or other creatures consider that as a "love" tactic?

Foxx Trotter

I see Jyrras wasn't quite ready for such a question to be asked.

AzureEdge

...Ok. Who the hell is that talking to Jyrras and what has he done with the real Abel?

katasev

You guys might be reading a bit too far into it. It might not even necessarily be a "yo you wanna hook up then?" question but rather a "do you actually have an interest in me or is this just Wildy deciding that you and I should be together even though neither of us are interested?"

... of course I'm hoping for the former, because much like Wildy, I think they'd be quite good for each other...

(and speaking from personal experience, asexual =/= aromantic! even though Abel has professed his sexuality as Not Interested, he might not be aromantic as well - he's just never had the opportunity to express affection with someone who isn't possibly using him for his tasty, tasty emotions or just is that way with everyone [cough, mink, cough, i love you though never change precious baby]. voluntarily exiling himself to a school filled with nothing but Cubi means he probably never could trust anyone fully, especially since even for as much as he tells Dan that individual Cubi are jerks and not the race as a whole, I don't doubt there's some lingering repressed trauma about his dad pretending to be a loving father for literally decades and then immediately ditching that whole persona as soon as the headwings came in.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: katasev on January 30, 2017, 10:58:09 AM
You guys might be reading a bit too far into it. It might not even necessarily be a "yo you wanna hook up then?" question but rather a "do you actually have an interest in me or is this just Wildy deciding that you and I should be together even though neither of us are interested?"

That was my first thought, but that smile on Abel's face gives me a lot of pause.  I'd have assumed that it would be a more serious expression if the question was purely academic.
What I wouldn't see Abel doing is getting Jyrras' hopes up and dashing them - the parallels with his father would be obvious and he's made it clear that's not how he wants to roll.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

katasev

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 30, 2017, 11:12:04 AM
Quote from: katasev on January 30, 2017, 10:58:09 AM

That was my first thought, but that smile on Abel's face gives me a lot of pause.  I'd have assumed that it would be a more serious expression if the question was purely academic.
What I wouldn't see Abel doing is getting Jyrras' hopes up and dashing them - the parallels with his father would be obvious and he's made it clear that's not how he wants to roll.

Hm hmm!! An interesting point. Reading the whole page as a piece again, I wonder if it could also mean "Do you want to (pretend to hook up so Wildy will be happy and get off our backs)?" I definitely don't think he would intend to lead him on - he's already told Jyrras specifically about being ace, but if this were a mutual agreement of convenience, I don't think he'd see it that way.

Of course, the shipper heart in me is clinging tooth-and-nail to the idea that it means "Do you want to (try this relationship thing out for real and see how it goes)?" because Abel could use someone in his corner who genuinely loves him without any weird pretenses or subtexts. Mink's Ultimate Friendship Cannon of Platonic Love for All certainly worked wonders on him.

Cassi-kun

Asexual doesn't mean he's not interested in relationships at all, just not sex! There's asexuals out there who are glad to have sex anyway if their partner really wants to - and if Abel isn't one of them, that seems like something he'd bring up pretty quickly.

I think he's serious, he just proposed it so abruptly to troll Jyrras. 

KaideGirault

Leave it to Abel manage to be a troll and semi-serious at the same time.

I'm really curious how this turns out though.

Delian Williams

... not difficult at all, Mr. Jyrras. To close the deal, all you gotta do is sign here, here and here:mowwink

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: KaideGirault on January 30, 2017, 03:29:50 PMI'm really curious how this turns out though.
Fa'Lina forcibly drags both of them to SAIA so Mink can hug them. And also to embarrass Abel in front of Jyrras.

Puyon

I'm a little scared. I'm not worried about this outcome or circumstances, I think Abel's being serious.

I'm just. Still worried about. This. Just feeling like a bit of a red flag. A nice long anticipated ship comes together, and we're all feeling good, but then the good feelings are dashed. By a dragon.
...By Puyon

Gullible

Oh man, how many years have I been waiting for this moment?  :hug

kaizerisms

If there's a scene change, I'm going to die.  :U

KathYohneke

All aboard the ship everybody! you too! move it! *cracks the whip*

Cassi-kun

Kinda thinking that Destania will be pissed - not only Aniz but now his son as well having serious relationships outside of her. I can see her taking this as a personal insult, considering how irrational she already is towards Abel.

Jasonrevall

Maybe the recent constant threat of being attacked or annihilated made Abel rethink how he felt about things. People oft have a change of heart on things when life kicks us around. Although there is a chance that Abel will wind up not wanting it anyway in the end but that's his call.  :mowsad Either way I would absolutely love to see those two being adorable with eachother.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Jasonrevall on January 30, 2017, 09:01:24 PM
Maybe the recent constant threat of being attacked or annihilated made Abel rethink how he felt about things. People oft have a change of heart on things when life kicks us around. Although there is a chance that Abel will wind up not wanting it anyway in the end but that's his call.  :mowsad Either way I would absolutely love to see those two being adorable with eachother.
It could just be him finally letting himself warm up to people. His father only died "recently" when one considers the average Cubi lifespan, and it seems like Abel felt he didn't deserve affection after what happened to Hennya and May? Having Destania so unpredictably on his case over the centuries probably didn't motivate him to spend much time with others, either.

KaideGirault

Quote from: Cassi-kun on January 30, 2017, 04:20:47 PM
Quote from: KaideGirault on January 30, 2017, 03:29:50 PMI'm really curious how this turns out though.
Fa'Lina forcibly drags both of them to SAIA so Mink can hug them. And also to embarrass Abel in front of Jyrras.
Fair enough. Still excited to see it happen though.

Kajet

Pretty sure snorfing your drink isn't the best way to start the conversation.

Kenik

So I guess that makes me the only one expressly rooting against this ship huh?
It's kind of hard to describe, but I don't think either of them would grow much as people from that sort of relationship.

Maybe I'm biassed because gay stuff makes me feel sick.

I like Fey.

Lying Foo

Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Merlin

Cassi-kun

Do you... do you have any reason besides "gay" to think they wouldn't grow from this relationship? Because that's a conversation most of us would probably be interested in having.

Kenik

Oh I have reasons. It's just I've checked and not found words for them. It's really infuriating to be able to see where relationships are going, but being unable to give a better answer than 'reasons'.
My reasons are related to why I don't subscribe to the gender non binary. But that's an incredibly long an incoherent rant to try and describe.

The most wordable thing wrong with that relationship, is that they wouldn't 'push' each other in any of the right ways. I think they'd grow just as well being friends as lovers, and then not take up what in a healthy relationship can only be one slot.
This probably doesn't make much sense without the weird colors and citation going on inside my head.

I like Fey.

Lying Foo

...you know that just because you think something doesn't mean you have to post it, right?