2016/06/17 [DMFA #1672] Minions and family need different techniques

Started by Tapewolf, June 17, 2016, 07:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

That would certainly work for your evil minions, but on Regina it might cause her to go off the deep end in an attempt to stay Aliph's wrath if she fails the interview.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sofox

This comic just had me bursting out in laughter. I just love the contrast.

Kuzma Volkov

Nmmrrgmmm Strong with this one, the force is. The dark side I sense! Yeesssssss!  

justacritic

Kalatash

I am very much amused when Aliph tries (and fails) to be domestic.
"According to the Bible, the sheep were foaling."

Cassi-kun

Evil overlord and supportive uncle isn't always the most successful cross-function. It's nice to see him try, though.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

FairWage22

What I find amusing is the juxtaposition between Aliph and Kria.

Kria's approach is 'casual death', sort of like the shark in the water if you see the fins it's too late.

Aliph's approach is 'promised pain and suffering'.

Or, in other words, Kria is, to paraphrase Shepherd Book  'They'll come at you sideways, sidling up to you like they're your friend, and then shove the knife in your side when you're not looking'.

Aliph on the other hand is very open despite his apparent efforts at sophistication -- which even before 'degradation' might have been one of his issues?

To be honest, they're both terrifying when you think about it, but I think Aliph's rather forthright approach might win my vote between the two of them.
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Wageslave94 on June 17, 2016, 02:10:00 PM
To be honest, they're both terrifying when you think about it, but I think Aliph's rather forthright approach might win my vote between the two of them.

Browncoats FTW. Interesting summary, though. I hadn't thought about it that way, but I find myself in agreement with you, which surprises me a little. I guess it's that Kria is supposed to be a sympathetic character of sorts, whereas Aliph is, uh, less so. But then, Amabaaargh is always throwing us little curveballs. >.>
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Prroul

Hey, Aliph is developing people skills. He actually recognized the fact that it was an appropriate time for words of encouragement, came up with a motivational statement on the fly, and delivered it with a stern yet caring hand. This is real progress!

AzureEdge

I just thought of something What if the office for the Magazine interview is in the mall? And just happens to be near some of the clothing shops... namely near the one Lorenda is working at and thus where Wildy is at.

DarkwingDude

It could actually be part of Aliph's personality. Being nice, even in an intimidating way, throws his followers off balance. They'll never know what to expect from him next.