2016/05/20 [DMFA #1665] Rage quit.

Started by MT Hazard, May 20, 2016, 07:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Considering Pip is probably actually a Fae in disguise it must be doubly annoying to be beaten in a game by a "lesser".

I do wonder how much of his temper tantrums are actually an act and how much are him raging against his situation.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Lying Foo

He wasn't even beaten, though.

Though I can't help but notice this is Pyroduck's second attempt... I think he might be a wee bit underutilized.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Valynth

I don't think Pip was ever identified as any sort of Fae. 

I think the implication from the comic where he talks is more that Pip is something in the "Fae Class" of power to the point that he can play on par with the Fae, but he might be something else entirely.

Something likely less benevolent towards lesser creatures.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Somebodyelse

Quote from: Valynth on May 21, 2016, 01:02:16 AM
I don't think Pip was ever identified as any sort of Fae. 

I think the implication from the comic where he talks is more that Pip is something in the "Fae Class" of power to the point that he can play on par with the Fae, but he might be something else entirely.

Something likely less benevolent towards lesser creatures.

My money's on him being a dragon.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Somebodyelse on May 21, 2016, 02:40:52 AM
My money's on him being a dragon.

The more I think about it, the more likely that seems.  I wondered if it was Hizell at one point, but we know now that's not the case.  However, Pip's constant antagonising of Dan and his attempts to worsen the situation with Abel are interesting if we consider that he may be one of Hizell's allies or even children that Mab vanquished and neutralised by trapping in Drake form.
I'm still not convinced that Abel's nightmare was completely unprovoked and it is known that cubi aren't the only ones who can enter dreams.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

Why can't he be a malevolent fae? We know Amber has said that some of them can be evil.

Tapewolf

Quote from: CubiKitsune on May 21, 2016, 02:08:18 PM
Why can't he be a malevolent fae? We know Amber has said that some of them can be evil.

I'd have to look again, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that Mab could destroy Pip if he caused too much trouble.  That and his interests seem to be very much aligned with Hizell's.  Makes me wonder if he's one of the "destroyed children".

EDIT: It was a Q&A
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/4796612/#cid:34540381
Biggest insecurity: "That one day his actions will get her attention and she'll decide he should just be destroyed"

Turn-ons is also interesting:  "Impressive crest of horns and ridges, sizable wingspan, scales that sparkle in the sun"

...I dunno about you, but that says 'dragon' to me.

MT Hazard

Yep does sound like he's a transformed dragon.

Just looking though the Q and A's from the link, some caught me attention, like Mab's biggest regret is "being a fae" and that Although the 'last thoughts' are probably the last thing they are think off at the end of the end of an interview, many could be the last thoughts ever, such as Regina's "I'm cold..." and Devlin's "what was that?"
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 21, 2016, 03:23:46 PM
Just looking though the Q and A's from the link, some caught me attention, like Mab's biggest regret is "being a fae" and that Although the 'last thoughts' are probably the last thing they are think off at the end of the end of an interview, many could be the last thoughts ever, such as Regina's "I'm cold..." and Devlin's "what was that?"

With the dead ones, yes.  Aniz, for example, probably Owona too.
With Devin, probably not since the other lines are all about him in his undead state.  So it's more likely his activities in the mansion or something.

With Regina, she was here at the time: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1359.php

Razmoudah

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 21, 2016, 03:23:46 PM
Yep does sound like he's a transformed dragon.

Either that or he has a dragon fetish.

Somebodyelse

I just noticed a second set of bite marks on that chessboard.

When Pyro says this is a common occurrence he ain't kidding.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Somebodyelse on May 22, 2016, 10:53:59 PM
I just noticed a second set of bite marks on that chessboard.

When Pyro says this is a common occurrence he ain't kidding.
My guess is Wildy, since it seems like this may be his first attempt to teach Pip.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!