Snaggletooth

Started by Dishonored, May 09, 2016, 12:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dishonored

So. About a week or so ago I had a seizure (epilepsy is fun!), and hit my face on a desk. Nothing serious, except I damaged an old filling in my upper right molars. I spent three days hurting before calling the dentist.

A day or so after that I was trying not to chew on that side of my mouth, and bit down on my fork, badly damaging my upper right incisor. Today I finally saw my dentist, a fun, cheerful fellow who does great work.

He told me Option A was a full root canal and rebuild, would take hours and be a lot of work to salvage the tooth, and the cost would run between $1,500 to $6,000 depending on difficulty within plus materials, etc. Or I could go with Option B, which would be to just pull it.

"How much is Option B?," I asked

"$95 dollars plus tax."

"...Yank it."

So I'm home, doing better, with a gap in my teeth you can drive a bus through, and already feeling great. I'm eating crackers, I have no stitches, and I rarely smile so no harm done to this ugly mug. Best dentist trip ever for me!
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

llearch n'n'daCorna

So... this year's halloween costume is a pirate, then? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dishonored

Pirate, or Ork.   :)
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.