2015/12/15 [TTM #15] - I think I'm a clone now

Started by Eboreg, December 15, 2015, 08:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

Hoo boy, things are going to get interesting from here on out. They can't just "dispose" of robo-Niall since he's a person in and of himself but now one guy has become two and not only do they share personalities and appearances, they also share memories. Not to mention that twins have been known to have some kind of mysterious almost psychic connection between each other and this connection may be enhanced by further similarities such as in memories. Still, I predict many truly fun and ironically "fun" days for Niall and his robotic twin brother ahead.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tapewolf

Yeah, the biggest problem with doing this was having to feature R. Niall in later stories, but in so doing, that would spoil the story of how it happened.

Hence the new guy doesn't show up very much, but does briefly appear in Epsilon.  He might appear a little more now that Tuppenny Man is pretty much finished.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

But he's more than simply a clone, right? I mean, a clone wouldn't have the same memories and personality as the original. It's more like they're both the same Niall, but now he can be in two places at once.

Eboreg

Quote from: CubiKitsune on December 15, 2015, 09:18:11 PM
But he's more than simply a clone, right? I mean, a clone wouldn't have the same memories and personality as the original. It's more like they're both the same Niall, but now he can be in two places at once.

Yeah but, how long are they going to remain the same Niall? Twins do start as the same person but they don't end up that way.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Eboreg on December 15, 2015, 09:34:01 PM
Quote from: CubiKitsune on December 15, 2015, 09:18:11 PM

Yeah but, how long are they going to remain the same Niall? Twins do start as the same person but they don't end up that way.

Hmm... Good point.

Merlin

I really love Niall's faces in this one. Niallseses' faces? All the faces

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Merlin on December 15, 2015, 10:36:07 PM
I really love Niall's faces in this one. Niallseses' faces? All the faces

Hehehehe.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kuzma Volkov

I feel bad for the accountants and Furry Resource Managers.

"So, Niall it shows here you worked 120hour shifts... That's a lot of overtime."

"We caught you on camera stealing from the stock room. However, we noticed you were on camera in the break room at the same time.. In fact.. you're in the brake room a lot.. How exactly are you still productive?"

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kuzma Volkov on December 17, 2015, 04:33:50 AM
"We caught you on camera stealing from the stock room. However, we noticed you were on camera in the break room at the same time.. In fact.. you're in the brake room a lot.. How exactly are you still productive?"

"That wasn't me, that was someone shapeshifted as me!"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 17, 2015, 05:16:35 AM

"He's very clever."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 17, 2015, 05:16:35 AM

Ah, but which one was shapeshifted, the one in stock room or break room?  :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Gabi

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 15, 2015, 08:28:07 PM
Yeah, the biggest problem with doing this was having to feature R. Niall in later stories, but in so doing, that would spoil the story of how it happened.

Hence the new guy doesn't show up very much, but does briefly appear in Epsilon.  He might appear a little more now that Tuppenny Man is pretty much finished.
What bothers me, though, is that in creating R. Niall Jakob did exactly the one thing he was told not to do (but going into detail would be a PF spoiler).
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on February 07, 2016, 01:16:09 PM
What bothers me, though, is that in creating R. Niall Jakob did exactly the one thing he was told not to do (but going into detail would be a PF spoiler).

Well, for one, Jakob didn't find out until afterwards - it's Daryil who did this.  Secondly, the story has been re-sequenced a little, so this most likely happened before the crackdown.  I haven't actually specified when this story happened, because yes, the chronology in the original written version irked me as well.