2015/12/09 [WBH #211] - Jake

Started by Tapewolf, December 09, 2015, 10:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I did wonder if something like this was going to happen, though I couldn't quite see the reasoning (Zamil having rejected Jake and then killed one of his followers, for example).

There seems to be a  missing in the second panel, though - I'm assuming it's the Reaper who has no call to put Zamil in the void and that Altair will be mad at her for doing it in the first place (the other interpretation being that he'll be mad at Jake for letting Zamil out, and Jake is doing this to provoke him).

By the way, Merlin - the airbrush tool should do those spots in the background for you no trouble.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

Oh, Firstly's the reaper's name, she has a dumb name. I was going to have him say 'the reaper' in that second cell but he did call her by name earlier so I figured it was OK. I might change that later then, it does read oddly.

I tried out a few photoshop tricks for those spots, but I couldn't get the fade right. I haven't got much more of them to draw though.

Edit: I changed the wording in the second panel so hopefully it's easier to read. Changed "Firstly" to "birdbrains"

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on December 09, 2015, 05:21:58 PM
Edit: I changed the wording in the second panel so hopefully it's easier to read. Changed "Firstly" to "birdbrains"

Cool, that reads much better.  I'd never have known that 'Firstly' was her name - if I saw it I'd assume it was a typo and just ignore it.  Also it didn't help that it was the first thing in a list Jake was reeling off...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lying Foo

Yeah, I realize now that when I saw it before I thought Jake was just being emphatic.  "Firstly!  Shoo!"
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.