2015/11/02 - [DMFA # 1617] - Black Heart of the Matter.

Started by Drakkenmensch, November 02, 2015, 05:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakkenmensch

And with that "And then what?" question Dark Pegasus just gained even more love and respect in my heart. This is the sort of Dangerous Genre Savvy I live for.

Howl

Alternately, Evil 101. If there are no ends for your means, you're wasting your energy and need to channel it into something more productiv.

Tapewolf

Interesting that this is a rather different perspective to Kria, who got snippy when Lorenda wouldn't commit acts of wanton destruction.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

Sounds like Reg has two sides in conflict, teenage girl and homicidal maniac. Which is what I imagine most demons to be like really, until they grow up a bit.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

VAE

Gee, who'd have guessed?

Either way, I think this comic beautifully illustrates the difference between a LE and a CE allignment.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

AzureEdge

....I never once expected DP to try being a POSITIVE Influence. Color me surprised.

lilpuppy23

For some reason, I want panel 1 with no text and high resolution...
:)

Cassi-kun

Does anyone else feel like we're leaning toward finding out what actually happened the day Regina killed Wildy's mom?
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

mithril

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 02, 2015, 06:13:27 AM
Interesting that this is a rather different perspective to Kria, who got snippy when Lorenda wouldn't commit acts of wanton destruction.
i get the feeling that Kria's issue with Lorenda is less the lack of destruction and more the fact that every demon we've seen in the strip so far seems to have impulse control issues of various forms. presumably Kria's having trouble comprehending Lorenda's (extreme) self control and tendancy to funnel anger and other emotional highs into something less destructive.

you'll notice that even kria creates and follows long term plans.. including ones that don't require violence. she just has a tendancy to act before thinking at times.

Regina's plans sound like a demon version of a teenager to me.. want to do whatever they want all day, but get money, fame, and success without working for it. the kind of thing someone who still thinks liek a kid would come up with not understanding how much work goes into being an adult.   :mowsmile

Kalatash

Quote from: mithril on November 02, 2015, 08:48:49 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on November 02, 2015, 06:13:27 AM
i get the feeling that Kria's issue with Lorenda is less the lack of destruction and more the fact that every demon we've seen in the strip so far seems to have impulse control issues of various forms. presumably Kria's having trouble comprehending Lorenda's (extreme) self control and tendancy to funnel anger and other emotional highs into something less destructive.

you'll notice that even kria creates and follows long term plans.. including ones that don't require violence. she just has a tendancy to act before thinking at times.
I think it's more based upon the idea that a lot of demons happen to LIKE the whole "CRUSH KILL DESTROY" shtick. It's just that the smarter ones happen to have overarching plans to guide their actions and protect their backsides.
"According to the Bible, the sheep were foaling."

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Cassi-kun on November 02, 2015, 03:33:32 PM
Does anyone else feel like we're leaning toward finding out what actually happened the day Regina killed Wildy's mom?

*Prays*

VAE

Quote from: Howl on November 02, 2015, 05:59:56 AM
Alternately, Evil 101. If there are no ends for your means, you're wasting your energy and need to channel it into something more productiv.

Again, Lawful Evil 101.

If you're chaotic evil, the means *are* the end.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Dracologist

I feel like we missed out on a reference title here.

"Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice."

Arcblade

Quote from: AzureEdge on November 02, 2015, 08:42:55 AM
....I never once expected DP to try being a POSITIVE Influence. Color me surprised.

I'm not surprised, but that's because I remember this.

FairWage22

I keep seeing more and more of 'Uncle Aliph' and begin to wonder if the whole upbringing of Lorenda was a subtle manipulation of Kria in an attempt to mold her to being more considering of her options.   

Obviously a long-term project if such were the case, and could explain so much, wouldn't it?
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.