11-02-2015 [RE 44-5] End of Absurdity

Started by Puyon, November 01, 2015, 10:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puyon

Writing for this volume was crazy fun. Especially when I got to have notes like ' Emerging from the darkness is the evilest looking Peony you can draw.' Or 'And also I guess there's a kangaroo with a knife, draw it however menacing or non-threatening that you like.' in the script.

Now this volume could be funny or unfunny because of how absolutely silly it was. But writing it was one of the most fun things for me because of how I got the entire idea for it. Basically when I volunteered I didn't have an idea and then came up with the sentence by sentence idea. Of course, I don't think it would have been completely fun if I came up with each piece of dialogue on my own. So I gathered some of my friends (more so took advantage of the fact we were all in the same place, we were supposed to be playing D&D but whatever haha) and told them we'd come up with a sentence by sentence horror story. We came up with 3 things (one of theme being word by word just for giggles) and I asked which one I should adapt for the volume and they were all down for the second one. The first story was about campers out on a stormy day and essentially everything goes wrong because of monsters.

Funny thing is? I still have the original recording for the second story and am contemplating posting it (but that also means having to endure my voice and 3 others for 12 minutes. Yeah I used to have 5 players but one of them didn't want to continue). The story was a lot longer really, so of course I had to chop it down, mainly including the things I thought were the best parts. There was a rule while we were playing that I had to veto out eventually of "If someone is going to leave off on a cliff hanger, anyone in the room can interject with a continuation". There was also someone else in the room who was trying to rewrite the story in realtime as a narrative and dared me to give it to my English teacher, though instead, I'm actually going to have them just read the comic itself, as they found the idea for the story really interesting. Anyways, if you guys want the original recording just say so and I'll post it unless I ultimately am too embarrassed *shrug shrug*

Hope you guys also had a fun Halloween, however you celebrate/don't celebrate it
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on November 01, 2015, 10:02:22 AM
Hope you guys also had a fun Halloween, however you celebrate/don't celebrate it

Personally it got a little too silly for my sense of humour, but I'm glad you had fun making it!

I spent most of Halloween tidying the house, but when it got dark I put on my Lemonbrats wolf hoodie, the faux leather tracksuit bottoms I got for the Daryil costume but didn't use and a Dr. Who length scarf.  Not to go out, but to weird out anyone who came knocking.  I got a few chuckles from the tail so I guess it was worth it.  However it made waiting awkward, since it turns out it's really hard to play Hexen with paws instead of hands.

Oh, there was also this:  http://www.furaffinity.net/view/18110371/

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

I liked it, mwahaha! It was a lot of fun to draw! Seems I only have two speeds for Halloween comics anyway. Really silly, or kind of a bummer. And everybody dies in the end. I like both!

Thanks again for writing it for me, Puyon! Sounds like you and your friends had a good time doing it :3

As for my Halloween, we don't really celebrate it down under. I still get Halloween decorations at the dollar store every year, and then never take them down, so my house becomes progressively spookier every year. I spent the whole day playing Binding of Isaac with my brother. It was a day well spent.

Puyon

Sounds like you guys had a good time. this year though I didn't get to actually do what I usually do, which is trick-or-treat like I'm still a child (I'm short enough to sill pass as 14! Nobody asks any questions). This year I was with my school's marching band and we went off to our grand championships to perform and compete, yeah? It's in a whole 'nother state though, so even though performance time was at 5:00... it still took 5 hours to get back home. Crazy. The parents made little candy bags, which was nice... also our band did great. Ranking second place out of 19 bands that day specifically with a score of 93.07 I believe. It was insane since we smashed the record we set when I was a freshman. Here I am as a senior, breaking it again and watching my band be promoted to Open Class too. Wasn't the typical Halloween but it rocked nonetheless.

Previous day at school I dressed up as Sans from Undertale. Woke up early to do the face paint and everything. Also had a party today but was significantly less willing to do the face paint so I just made a styrofoam plate mask that said 'sans' on it.

I also got to show some of my friends the full Halloween volume? They absolutely adored it. Writing it was fun as heck, but I don't think I could have brought it to life the same way you did, Merlin :hug
...By Puyon

Merlin

Ooh, congrats on the win! That's really awesome. I saw those pics of your Sans costume on twitter, that looked fantastic!
Also congrats on being able to pass as a kid for funsies. I have fond memories of sneaking my short friend into the royal show as an under-14.
We were both 21 at the time >:3