2015/10/12 [WBH #196] - Thunk

Started by Tapewolf, October 12, 2015, 09:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

That's going to leave a nasty lump.
As for Yasir, if he's lucky, that will have killed him, thus sparing him the indignity of a public death on grounds of being a trickster and murderer.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

Yes we all saw this coming. Pretty sure the anticipation of it happening was what made it great though.
*thunk*
Something rubs me the wrong way about Mana's body hitting the ground with a 'thunk'. I feel like that sound implies something heavy hitting something hard and Mana's a kid and half-feathry... assuming that half-feathries inherit the light-weightness of their parent... I think Mana would make more of a *fwoomp* or a *fwop* or *thump*... maybe even a *plop* but not a *thunk* And when Talon and Ben hit the surface we didn't get any defining onomatopoeia from either. Basically this is a long drawn out way of saying that I think that Yasir wasn't holding Mana at all and instead illusioned something vaguely child like proportioned. I mean... this whole time Mana's been facing Yasir's body. Even when Yasir would jut his arm forward, Mana's body didn't seem to move much.
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on October 12, 2015, 12:13:31 PM
Something rubs me the wrong way about Mana's body hitting the ground with a 'thunk'. I feel like that sound implies something heavy hitting something hard and Mana's a kid and half-feathry... assuming that half-feathries inherit the light-weightness of their parent... I think Mana would make more of a *fwoomp* or a *fwop* or *thump*... maybe even a *plop* but not a *thunk* And when Talon and Ben hit the surface we didn't get any defining onomatopoeia from either. Basically this is a long drawn out way of saying that I think that Yasir wasn't holding Mana at all and instead illusioned something vaguely child like proportioned. I mean... this whole time Mana's been facing Yasir's body. Even when Yasir would jut his arm forward, Mana's body didn't seem to move much.

Oh, that's good.

I assumed it was the sound of Mana's head hitting the wooden floor, but you're right - the sound seems to be centred on the body and the wings, which is the one part I would least expect to go 'thunk'.  If that's not Mana, it doesn't look like a pure illusion because the wings are fanning out and illusions don't seem to interact with matter, i.e. you can stick your hand through them.  However it might be a rather goofy winged doll of some kind which has been illusioned into looking like him.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 12, 2015, 12:38:27 PM

Oh, that's good.

I assumed it was the sound of Mana's head hitting the wooden floor, but you're right - the sound seems to be centred on the body and the wings, which is the one part I would least expect to go 'thunk'.  If that's not Mana, it doesn't look like a pure illusion because the wings are fanning out and illusions don't seem to interact with matter, i.e. you can stick your hand through them.  However it might be a rather goofy winged doll of some kind which has been illusioned into looking like him.

Meh, I bet you guys are overthinking this.

I take it back. It does seem odd...

More importantly, Yasir just got buttslammed. :giggle

Puyon

Also now I'm wondering... if getting slammed with a full force fox butt wouldn't cause enough injury to actually kill Yasir... look at the way he's holding his knife. He might share a similar death like with Ceraph Talon... falling on a knife. Like a moron.
...By Puyon

Merlin

Yes we all saw this coming. Pretty sure the anticipation of it happening was what made it great though.
*thunk*

get out of my head

hahaha <3

Puyon

...By Puyon