2015/09/25 - [DMFA #1607] The big question

Started by Tapewolf, September 25, 2015, 06:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Comment from the Katbox version:
True Cubi facts: Cubi are notorious shippers and are more likely to care about your relationship status than if the sword you are wielding is meant to kill them.

That's kind of sad, really - though it might go a way to explaining why they're not usually good at battle.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Drakkenmensch

MT Hazard

Arry: Pain clans usually don't have a lot of dramatic physical shifts.

Hang on pain clans, as in more than one? Wasn't there some big debate when Cyra began a clan leader regarding if pain was really an emotion?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Delian Williams

I guess, cubi learn best to lure out the emotions they like best and are likely to use those skills in the end.

Seeing the last derpalicious panel though, I'm wondering whether there are some emotions like an angry Dan face, no cubi would pass up without regard to their affinity. It's confusing, because no matter, what embarrassing your friends tastes like synaestheticly speaking, you can always feast on it. :mwaha

Speaking of evil: 1, 2, 3, 4 - This "last panel derp phase" is great :bunny

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

FoxFeather

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 25, 2015, 08:01:11 AM

Arry: Pain clans usually don't have a lot of dramatic physical shifts.

Hang on pain clans, as in more than one? Wasn't there some big debate when Cyra began a clan leader regarding if pain was really an emotion?

Because Cyra's ONLY emotionnal affinity was pain. But I think there are clans that have it as a double affinity, where it would act more as an 'enhancer' of the prime emotion. A good exemple is Aary herself. If I remember well, her clan affinities are Lust and Pain. Correct me if I'm wrong, people =D

Tapewolf

Quote from: FoxFeather on September 25, 2015, 11:51:01 AM
Because Cyra's ONLY emotionnal affinity was pain. But I think there are clans that have it as a double affinity, where it would act more as an 'enhancer' of the prime emotion. A good exemple is Aary herself. If I remember well, her clan affinities are Lust and Pain. Correct me if I'm wrong, people =D

I got the impression from when Ink examined Dan that his clan's affinity was pain, but that Dan personally also had an affinity for emotions relating to justice and righteousness.  So I kind of took it that individuals could have an extra affinity unrelated to the hereditary one.  Abel for instance also likes confusion.

Cassi-kun

To reiterate a previous comic's tagline: fear the day Mink discovers fanfic sites.

I imagine that as a Jin, Mink just wants everyone to have somebody special.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 25, 2015, 01:01:31 PM
I got the impression from when Ink examined Dan that his clan's affinity was pain, but that Dan personally also had an affinity for emotions relating to justice and righteousness.  So I kind of took it that individuals could have an extra affinity unrelated to the hereditary one.  Abel for instance also likes confusion.

The main difference between a clan affinity and a personal affinity is that the clan affinity tends to be a dominant affinity that all clan members have...where as a person affinity doesn't really give someone the natural power boost so much its something they personally veer towards. So yeah, Abel likes confusion...but it would never give him the same power boost as his actual clan affinity.  Dan likes righteousness and justice, but pain will always be the emotion that brings the most return.  It's an affinity in that they respond well to it, but it isn't really an affinity in that it can even compare to the energy return that their clan affinity has.

Lying Foo

So the true incantation isn't "can't we just talk," but "it's complicated with..."
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Eboreg

"Being more able to take hits and withstand injury"? That's actually pretty good news for Danny-boy. It also explains why his mother was able to set her head on fire for several hours.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 25, 2015, 02:52:33 PM
It's an affinity in that they respond well to it, but it isn't really an affinity in that it can even compare to the energy return that their clan affinity has.

Ah, interesting and useful to know, especially if I refactor Daryil clan's affinities to better match how they're actually behaving.

Scow2

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 25, 2015, 07:08:18 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on September 25, 2015, 02:52:33 PM
It's an affinity in that they respond well to it, but it isn't really an affinity in that it can even compare to the energy return that their clan affinity has.

Ah, interesting and useful to know, especially if I refactor Daryil clan's affinities to better match how they're actually behaving.
Which can be justified as part of Daryl's apotheosis.

ZacAttac21

All 'Cubi are like this? I like 'Cubi even more now, then. :3

Ghostwish