2015/08/04 [Peony #51] - But that's...

Started by Tapewolf, August 04, 2015, 12:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, this could be interesting.  For one we might be about to see what the process is for an accused Trickster, though it sounds like it's going to be more like:

"Are you a Trickster?"
"No."
"Let's kill him anyway!"

In her usual canon, Illiath is more the type who makes criminals dead, so I guess we'll see if she's reprising her role in that capacity.

I guess the real question is which strategy prevails:  Click with her "Get out of here before they execute us too!", or Peony who seems more likely to want to rescue her friend.

(And, perhaps not surprisingly I'm morbidly curious how Tricksters are dispatched in this town)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 04, 2015, 12:26:45 PM
Well, this could be interesting.  For one we might be about to see what the process is for an accused Trickster, though it sounds like it's going to be more like:

"Are you a Trickster?"
"No."
"Let's kill him anyway!"

"Are you a trickster?"
"No."
"That's exactly what a trickster would say!"

That's more of a field test though, if you're going to the trouble of having a trial you want to make it way showier. There are ways of having a legit trial... though it remains to be seen whether this inquisition does so.

And if it was legit enough it'd find tricksters for reals, and that gives the same problem here as a kangaroo court would. :P

Tapewolf

Ooh, it's not been crossposted to FA yet.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 04, 2015, 07:23:41 PM
Ooh, it's not been crossposted to FA yet.

Yeah, I realised that as I was walking to work this morning. I really didn't finish this one until 1am, so I kind of forgot! I'll have to remember when I get home.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Merlin on August 04, 2015, 07:12:01 PM
"Are you a trickster?"
"No."
"That's exactly what a trickster would say!"

... this isn't exactly helpful. :-( It's like, does she weigh more than a duck?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears