2015/08/01 [NG+ #159] - Mostly Armless

Started by Tapewolf, July 31, 2015, 10:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

For a while I was wondering what Grain was, but re-reading the archives concluded he was most likely some kind of golem, since he doesn't need to eat or sleep, and he displayed some kind of leverage over the golem running the inn or lodge earlier.  The not bleeding part of it makes this look increasingly likely.   I wonder if it can be re-attached given that he's apparently non-biological?

What I'm really not sure about it how he's going to sweet-talk his way out of the fact that his arm is not behaving like a scaler's arm should, and is a different colour, all of which is screaming "FORBIDDEN MAGIC!"

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

Grain is a homunculus, which, in the species page, lists is similar to golems, and are beloved fictional. Without looking at the golems page, I recall that they never grow hair and aren't compatible with gods' magic. We've seen Grain's base form in 'Differences' and also his image is used in the Humonculus species page.

It's sure going to take some A-Grade Trickster BS to get his way out of this one.
...By Puyon