2015/06/22 [RE41-Filler-1] - Revenge from the grave

Started by Tapewolf, June 22, 2015, 03:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Now I'm curious how Dorcan managed to kill the clanner, since unless I'm much mistaken he's just been executed.

EDIT: Also, Dorcan seems very fond of the word 'Hell'

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

Another thing, I can't help but find it funny that Lani and Tella seem to be the 'Welcome To Dead People Land' Comittee. I suppose Tella at least has nowhere to be
...By Puyon

Merlin

Dorcan might have hell on the mind for... some reason >:3

But Lani and Tella? Yeah I would have liked to use Zamil, but.... maybe next time I kill somebody important we'll get to see if those two Kiborns are the usual welcoming committee, or if there's any others around.

Lying Foo

Well, he at least got to make a quick pit stop in Purgatory.  Something to be said for exceeding your own expectations!
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on June 24, 2015, 12:55:29 AM

I dunno what you'd have to do to get that kind of punishment.  I mean, worshipping the god of dickery means you're simply carrying out his works, and killing a clanner is more like grievous bodily harm because they can't die.
Even killing people (especially tricksters) doesn't seem to be that badly thought of...

EDIT: I suppose you'd have to do something that offends all the gods simultaneously.
Which makes me wonder... is there a god of atheism?  If so it must suck because no-one would believe in them...

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 25, 2015, 03:47:05 AM
Quote from: Merlin on June 24, 2015, 12:55:29 AM

I dunno what you'd have to do to get that kind of punishment.  I mean, worshipping the god of dickery means you're simply carrying out his works, and killing a clanner is more like grievous bodily harm because they can't die.
Even killing people (especially tricksters) doesn't seem to be that badly thought of...

EDIT: I suppose you'd have to do something that offends all the gods simultaneously.

Well, everybody goes through hell to repay their debts, as figured out by Jude/Marie/Altair (or Jake/Marie/Altair if it was long enough ago or he's feeling sneaky). But for some people it's much easier than others, of course. For whatever reasons, all very esoteric - murder may or may not be bad, depending on why you did it. With the three of them it tends to involve a lot of careful weighing in of what you've done, unless you do offend all the gods somehow (...like a certain unicorn-horned person). They might adjust your debt depending on completely irrelevant things though, especially if Jake's around and he has some future plan for you. Very seldom comes up though, like once every thousand years or so.

The process involves a lot of arguing. Very much like a court in that way...

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 25, 2015, 03:47:05 AM
Which makes me wonder... is there a god of atheism?  If so it must suck because no-one would believe in them...

Hahaha now that would be an idea worth stealing >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on June 25, 2015, 11:14:27 PM
Well, everybody goes through hell to repay their debts, as figured out by Jude/Marie/Altair (or Jake/Marie/Altair if it was long enough ago or he's feeling sneaky). But for some people it's much easier than others, of course. For whatever reasons, all very esoteric - murder may or may not be bad, depending on why you did it. With the three of them it tends to involve a lot of careful weighing in of what you've done, unless you do offend all the gods somehow (...like a certain unicorn-horned person). They might adjust your debt depending on completely irrelevant things though, especially if Jake's around and he has some future plan for you. Very seldom comes up though, like once every thousand years or so.

Ah, right - so in this universe hell is an ordeal, (or as it was put in Larry Niven's Inferno, "self-help for the damned") rather than the stock Christian view of somewhere to dispose of people who weren't good enough.

Hahaha now that would be an idea worth stealing >:3

If you can use it, go for it.  Though I'd not be too surprised if Terry Pratchett or Neil Gaiman or someone has already played with that one.