05/19/15 [WBH 6-09] - Reverse heretic

Started by Lying Foo, May 18, 2015, 04:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lying Foo

Interesting.

So far, we've been pretty consistently presented with the trickster-as-victim narrative.  There have been a number of hints that it's not as simple as it looks - I guess this story will be a window into tricksters' uglier side.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Merlin

I do have a weakness for likable trickster characters, it is a problem... mainly because the Random Encounter tricksters (and Peony) are all my faves. But yeah there's good and bad, just like everybody else.

Keejidk

So do all Clanner's have heterochromia and that curly up feather like bang, or is it just the three we've seen so far?

Merlin

Quote from: Keejidk on May 19, 2015, 02:53:10 AM
So do all Clanner's have heterochromia and that curly up feather like bang, or is it just the three we've seen so far?

Hmmm let me think about how many clanners we've seen and try to make an informative post about it!

The whole Phoenix clan appeared briefly in Random Encounter Volume 4, page 4 (in a nightmare). Beak and Wing appeared in volume 2 before that. Claw is Claw, and Talon of course is all over WBH (and I would like to use him more, I like him very much)

Ceraph clan we've got Claw in NG+, Talon in Random Encounter Volume 26 and NG+ volume 9, and Pinion near the start of NG+ (and in the old New Game).

Leviathan clan is sadly under-represented as I haven't written any stories with mermaids yet... but Spine was in the old New Game.

Pretty much all the clans have 6 members who look the same as their namesakes in the other clans (eg. Phoenix Talon looks so much like Ceraph Talon). They do all have heterochromia, which differs based on what clan they are! Most of the comics with a bunch of clanners aren't in high enough resolution to tell though.

As you can see, they do all have those big silly bangs to a greater or lesser degree.

Phoenix are red/yellow, Ceraph are grey/blue, Leviathan are aqua/green. Just the colours I think of for fire, sky and water :3