05/13/2015 [RE] - Theories and ideas about comic prior to forum

Started by fireknight, May 13, 2015, 08:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireknight

First this is so that people don't have to hunt down pages to post general theories. It is up to admins if this thread remains. Merlin does not have to reply or confirm your theories this is just a thread to put them and so we can find other possible forum topics. Pages after the creation of the forum that inspire theories should be separate posts, this is because random Encounters is big and deserves a place to talk about the older comic.
All that said My theory happens to be based off of the fact that The fire God phoenix isn't active, Claw has never heard him, and my own hopes. Further the fit for a queen arc is where it was fleshed out. Is it possible that Lord Phoenix may being considering breaking the Triad alliance or possible doesn't want to kill all tricksters anymore? Also will Claw finally be able to talk to him now that she has died for the first time?

Puyon

I wouldn't think Claw dying would trigger interaction between her and Phoenix. After all, looking at Way Back Home with Talon who has died twice now in the course of the comic, we don't see him having a chance to talk with Phoenix.

I don't think he can really break away from the Elemental triad since the only triad we've seen broken is the perception triad. This being because Jake was exiled.
...By Puyon

Merlin

Heheh I'm not going to confirm/deny anything, but this does remind me... it has been a long time since I added anything to the "Gods" page of the site. The reason Phoenix isn't there is he is kind of annoying to draw compared to his other elemental mates. I will try to add Phoenix and Altair at some point soon*

*I'd like "soon" to be like... this month, but I can't promise that. This year, maybe? :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on May 13, 2015, 10:39:45 AM
I wouldn't think Claw dying would trigger interaction between her and Phoenix. After all, looking at Way Back Home with Talon who has died twice now in the course of the comic, we don't see him having a chance to talk with Phoenix.

You never know, they might get some kind of orientation meeting the first time...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

So, let me turn to a different subject regarding theories and all that jazz.

I want to talk about... Saturn! Saturn's sword more specifically.

In Saturn's visions, a man, presumably Jake, addresses it as 'The Shadowslayer'. Jake also tells Jinx that the whole ordeal is '[his] fault but kind of not??' And if he had to describe it? 'Shadowy'.

If we look back to Trick Tracts #1, there's a tract about the Living Shadow, and it's mentioned at the end that a hero rose and defeated it but it still comes back. The girl in Saturn's vision also talks about something like 'less people dying this time' something like that.

So basically what I'm saying is... Is Saturn connected to the Living Shadow? By that I mean, is she the hero in this incarnation destined to fight it?
...By Puyon