05/13/2015 [Peony #39] - The other side of the Inquisition

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2015, 04:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I'm still curious what their false-positive rate is in finding Tricksters.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

Never question the inquisition! That's a sign of a trickster!

...yeah they do get a lot wrong. But they got a lot right too.

fireknight

Also my guess Merlin wold have to confirm is that good tricksters rarely get caught. But does this remind any one else of the Spanish inquisition?

Keejidk

ARE there actually bad tricksters? I know it's a fantasy setting and also a sorta stand in for how dumb bigotry can be, but have there been any like, really bad tricksters who've plagued towns or is this all 'cause the gods don't like Jake?

im v tired i hope this is coherent...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keejidk on May 13, 2015, 02:22:21 PM
ARE there actually bad tricksters? I know it's a fantasy setting and also a sorta stand in for how dumb bigotry can be, but have there been any like, really bad tricksters who've plagued towns or is this all 'cause the gods don't like Jake?

I suspect it's a mix.  My gut feeling is that most of them are harmless, but you have the odd maniac.
You'll also have folks like Grain/Zack, who lose a loved one in a purge and go a bit vengeance-crazy.

Keejidk

Yeah they mostly seem harmless; annoying at best, and kind of hilarious, though I suspect getting pranked multiple times would wear someone thin.

But then again, the ones with revenge in mind, while having a point, do kill...so. Hmm.

Merlin

Quote from: Keejidk on May 13, 2015, 02:22:21 PM

im v tired i hope this is coherent...

Yeah there are some bad ones who plague towns - I did have something like that in mind for a future Random Encounter comic. Very rare though, mostly it's "well something's gone wrong what's convenient to blame? oh those darn tricksters..."

As for really bad tricksters there's only been Yasir from Way Back Home so far, and that's not because he's a trickster, that's because he's a terrible person. Though yeah Zack/Grain has been quite horrible to Ceraph Claw as well.

Edit: Oh and Jake himself has killed like a whooole bunch of people. He went a bit mad for a while.

Keejidk

I imagine it'd be convenient as heck to kill people, then claim it was tricksters. Ready made scapegoats.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keejidk on May 14, 2015, 04:33:20 AM
I imagine it'd be convenient as heck to kill people, then claim it was tricksters. Ready made scapegoats.

In Free Turn the potion vendor nearly had someone falsely executed as a trickster, so you could probably get the Inquisition to do the dirty work for you.