Formula 1: The End of an Era (OT)

Started by bill, September 10, 2006, 12:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

Another topic that nobody will care about, but meh. 7 (and possibly 8) time Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher announced his retirement today after winning the Italian Grand Prix. He's been one of the best drivers of all time, and fully deserves a spot next to names like Hill, Ascari, Stewart, Villeneuve, Piquet, Prost, and Senna, despite whatever contraversy he may have caused. Shame to see him go, but that's F1. Taking his place in Ferrari will be Kimi Raikkonen, who currently drives for McLaren Mercedes. Guess I have to like Ferrari now.  D:

Saist

* je.saist bets that Michael will become the Next TopGear STIG

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Leafar

truly, the man is a legend...despise of some of his actions like throwing the car up someone's else to get a better result or just stoping the car during a time trial cause he already got his best time, i don't remember the dates to say when these things happened (don't force my mind, hangover here) and even being compared to

the man is still a legend of speed...and deserve being called one of the greatest ever!

Gornemant

The one who made Ferrari what it is today in F1, from total crap to the top  :U
want me to say hi to him when he gets back home? :)

Leafar

Quote from: Gornemant on September 10, 2006, 02:45:35 PM
The one who made Ferrari what it is today in F1, from total crap to the top :U

wot? o.O???? :S

Gornemant

Quote from: Leafar on September 10, 2006, 03:47:04 PM

is it so confusing?  :)

mini-lion

in the press release there was a line about his job already being fixed, i'm guessing maybe a management role, though more likely a test driver

Leafar

Quote from: Gornemant on September 10, 2006, 04:22:33 PM
Quote from: Leafar on September 10, 2006, 03:47:04 PM

is it so confusing? :)

do you live with him? :S

btw, now the path is open to all the newbies that are coming...and what a great new generation...kimi, cubica, rosberg, alonso...

LigerJet

Doesn't everyone in racing act like a butthead sometimes?  Aaaanyway
QuoteTaking his place in Ferrari will be Kimi Raikkonen, who currently drives for McLaren Mercedes. Guess I have to like Ferrari now.
What a local radio personality says, support the colors, not the individual (with the caveat to give them your support as well, just don't be all ARGH when they leave), because individuals come and go, but the team is always there.  Going out at the top of his game.  He deserves big props.

Gornemant

Quote from: Leafar on September 10, 2006, 05:43:09 PM
do you live with him? :S

btw, now the path is open to all the newbies that are coming...and what a great new generation...kimi, cubica, rosberg, alonso...
hahaha no, just saying so because his house is on the way to my parents' place (not that anyone gives a shit about that anyway) :U

Leafar

wow, awesome! :)

tell him Raph says HELLOOO before he runs to his house! :U
i believe he must always be running huh? :S *what a silly joke*

Gornemant

hahaha, no, nobody gives a shit he lives here, nobody cares when he goes buy stuff at the local shop, play football (or soccer for you suckers :p ) with the local team or go for a little go-kart  :B

Leafar

suckers??? do you know i am form brazil right? :)
btw, i would like a dog fight with him on karts...just you imagine if i beat THE MAN!!!!!!!!! :O

bill

You can go-kart in switzerland? I assume the motorsport ban doesn't include that?

Leafar

Paavo

Formulas hall-a boring.

Except reading the boozing expeditions of Kimi Räikkönen from the most reliable formula mag ever: 7 days!  :)

Also, Keke Rosberg FTW!

Leafar

keke????? :B
and it's not boring!speed lovers really dig F1...any kinds of races!!!!!!!:> even turtles races!!!!!! >:3

bill

Quote from: Paavo on September 11, 2006, 07:05:49 PM
Formulas hall-a boring.

Except reading the boozing expeditions of Kimi Räikkönen from the most reliable formula mag ever: 7 days!  :)

Also, Keke Rosberg FTW!
Raikkonen getting shit-faced is the best part of F1! Party on, Kimi!

Gornemant

Quote from: BillBuckner on September 11, 2006, 04:58:17 PM
You can go-kart in switzerland? I assume the motorsport ban doesn't include that?
naw, they just don't want to build race tracks because it's too noisy blablabla, same reason they don't want anymore speedboat races on lake geneva :B suckers  :meh

though there are a some rally races

and I lurve go-kart <3

bill

I always thought there was no Swiss motorsport since the 1955 Le Mans accident. Same reason that Mercedes withdrew from racing for so long, and that the AAA doesn't sponsor race series like they used to.

Leafar

i didn't know that....well, never enjoyed mercedes much anyway...it's a sedan car, no racing technology at all...

bill

I dunno, the 300SL is a mighty fine car...

And it has FREAKING GULLWING DOORS!

Leafar

haha, that one is freaking indeed!! xD
despite this one looks cool! :B

bill

Leafar

but you must ask God for not to rain on sundays!!!!!! :U

LionHeart

Paint it black, and you'd have a Batmobile...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Gornemant

Quote from: BillBuckner on September 12, 2006, 05:20:01 PM
I always thought there was no Swiss motorsport since the 1955 Le Mans accident. Same reason that Mercedes withdrew from racing for so long, and that the AAA doesn't sponsor race series like they used to.
heh, no clue, I'm not quite following motosport in general  :B

Quote from: LionHeart on September 13, 2006, 10:56:24 AM
Paint it black, and you'd have a Batmobile...
well at least it's a good looking Batmobile.... unlike the one in the last movie....

Leafar

i have one word for that batmobile: dumb!