2015/03/30 [DMFA #1564] Zombie elephants and soul decay

Started by MT Hazard, March 30, 2015, 07:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

As mentioned previously D.P soul seems to be in state of decay. It seems to me that each death brings him closer to be 'unrecoverable'. Hopefully Dan will put him down permanently before his own family have to do it.

Now that the back story is done it leaves Abel in the unenviable position of being the one to tell Devlin what he was like when he was alive.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Famout

Admittedly it is a good thing he knows the biggest detail already. I love Devin's face in the third panel too.
It feels odd not having a fuzzy avatar picture around here....

VAE

(Yes I am a Marina and the Diamonds fan, why ask? X3)
Either way, I dig Devin's reasoning there... my personal fan theory is that with every ressurection, his soul (rather than mind hence continuity) is restored from backup, and at the time of well, that backup being made, his strongest motivation was indeed conquering/destroying the kingdom of H-Ann.
Of course there are other possibilities, like that the process is imperfect and with every ressurection we are moving towards an eigen-Aliph. Makes sense if you've done linear algebra I guess?
Time will tell.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Hariman

I wonder how many times Kria has threatened Devin with killing him again, beyond the one that we saw.

Probably lots, since he's still really snarky.

Also, I'm not sure if Dark Pegasus will ever hit the point of unrecoverable, due to his reverse death spell's side effects. However, I do think that he'll be unrecognizable by some if he keeps this up.

Then again, I don't think he'll get the chance the keep this up. I think someone, be it Dan or someone else, will burn him before that happens.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

DavidRokon

Quote from: Hariman on March 30, 2015, 10:20:41 AM
I wonder how many times Kria has threatened Devin with killing him again, beyond the one that we saw.

Probably lots, since he's still really snarky.

Also, I'm not sure if Dark Pegasus will ever hit the point of unrecoverable, due to his reverse death spell's side effects. However, I do think that he'll be unrecognizable by some if he keeps this up.

Then again, I don't think he'll get the chance the keep this up. I think someone, be it Dan or someone else, will burn him before that happens.

Well, there are ways... http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_949.php

Jasonrevall

Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

HaDDea

It is incredibly ironic that the people who murdered Devin have been more of a family to him than he ever had as a living Being/Creature (not sure what side of the line he falls on, it's getting blurry anyway). And now poor Abel has to relive the most disastrous day in his whole life again for Devin's benefit. How DO you tell someone that they were a jerk in life right up to the moments before they died?

That really was an utterly crap day for Abel - it started with a funeral for an old friend, and then the bodies just started piling up...

Lying Foo

I'm a little surprised that Abel knew that.  Kria's not putting on the innocent act she did in those days by a long shot, but I thought still he might believe that she wasn't with the attackers that particular time.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Shadowdancer

Quote from: Lying Foo on March 31, 2015, 01:16:14 PM
I'm a little surprised that Abel knew that.  Kria's not putting on the innocent act she did in those days by a long shot, but I thought still he might believe that she wasn't with the attackers that particular time.

I can't remember where exactly, but the penny dropped recently for Abel while he was reminiscing. (Although it has probably been a good load of comic strips by now)
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

HaDDea

Quote from: Shadowdancer on March 31, 2015, 05:36:18 PM
Quote from: Lying Foo on March 31, 2015, 01:16:14 PM
I can't remember where exactly, but the penny dropped recently for Abel while he was reminiscing. (Although it has probably been a good load of comic strips by now)

It was implied that Abel was listening in on Kria and Fa'lina's discussion after he said goodbye to his mother. Fa'lina brings up the topic on p. 85. It was probably enough for Abel to figure it out from there.