Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttac21

*Reads the rant box* I think this arc is interesting, Amber! Lore FTW! :3

FoxFeather

Quote from: CubiKitsune on March 09, 2015, 03:06:25 AM

Seconded! =D

Jasonrevall

This arc is worldbuilding backstory which many love and the best reason to love this arc is Devin is adorable and his facial expressions are a blast :3
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Kajet

I enjoy this little bit of history in the comic, but judging by the second panel Abel's 15 minute break is way past over.

Surzsha

Then again most of us who enjoy these backstories are regular readers who've been around for a while (I imagine). It's understandable on the author's part if they don't want to accidentally alienate any newer readers with a backstory arc going on at the moment.

But hey, I jumped on this flaming wagon when the Janus Bond arc was going on, so maybe backstory arcs aren't much of a problem.

By the way, a bit of what's going on here with the uncertainty of oneself I can kinda relate to, so this arc immediately gets a pass from me. Also, gotta love Devin's dumpy face on the last panel.

Tuyu

Quote from: Surzsha on March 09, 2015, 03:12:57 PM
Then again most of us who enjoy these backstories are regular readers who've been around for a while (I imagine). It's understandable on the author's part if they don't want to accidentally alienate any newer readers with a backstory arc going on at the moment.
The only risk would be that some new reader came along thinking Devin and Abel were the stars, and later on came to wonder who this "Dan" person was and why he was getting so much time in the comic. :D

(I have that problem every once in a while--I come across an interesting comic while browsing, only to discover that the characters I'm interested in are background characters who only appear occasionally or are there only for a single short arc...)

Stilghar

I'm enjoying the story arc, but when I first picked up this comic, Abel's Story was still a work in progress.   8)

What I'm wondering is how much of the truth Abel is going to tell him about his childhood of being a complete d-bag.
"For a man to help others with all his gifts and native strength: that is the noblest work."
-Sophocles

Merlin

Quote from: CubiKitsune on March 09, 2015, 03:06:25 AM

Yeah, we've been waiting how long for Abel and Dev to meet again? And with all your teasing, Amber! I'm certainly glad to finally see it, mwaha