Furcadia is to turn 20 in 2016

Started by Wildy, January 23, 2015, 03:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildy

So, for snits and giggles, I decided to click the Furcadia link that Amber always has posted as homage to the game that started it all from our little group of nerds, just to see what was up the world. I came to the realization that having started in 1996, next year Furcadia will actually be celebrating it's 20 year anniversary.

Not only does this make me feel REALLY OLD, but it also is amazingly wonderful for the creators of the game. I started playing in 1998, a few months before FURC had it's 2 year anniversary. Though it's been several years since I've stepped foot in the world and my characters have all since been cleaned from their databases, the game will always hold a special place in my heart. The artwork is STILL fabulous too!

I just felt this had be be brought to attention, if it hadn't been already. (I'm a lazy lurker, not a seasoned one like the box)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Wow. That it's still running is amazing.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Scow2

And I still see Merlitz occassionally hanging around there. I've spoken with him a few times.

e_voyager

oddly enough my account is still active there for some reason
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

D'ymkarra

Damn, has it really been that long?

I've been active there on & off since early 98; the mare, 96..Still so much fun teaching noobs about F2  :mwaha
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

llearch n'n'daCorna

Do you get to teach noobs about the alt-F4 secret key?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Shadowdancer

Oh wow, Infinite cookies!! :U It's working!
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

Scow2

Quote from: D'ymkarra on January 31, 2015, 06:36:04 AM
Damn, has it really been that long?

I've been active there on & off since early 98; the mare, 96..Still so much fun teaching noobs about F2  :mwaha
... I can't remember which one that is.